• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Once I get my TX I'd taken care of I will be ordering 2, or maybe 3 if the price is right..
    It is easy to find a friend or two to buy with you and get a discount for buying several. As of today I am ordering 12 for all the guys at work that want them. At that price nobody wants to miss out.
    Next Christmas I am sure more than one of these will be available to me, as cops are notorious for selling guns when they are short on cash.

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    I am interested in hearing your review when finished. I have been thinking about a low budget AR build with the same purposes as you listed.

Thanks

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    After playing with the numbers again, I can still build an normal AR for about the same money...just not sure what the advantage would be other than weight...Might still build one just for the helluvit...

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    After playing with the numbers again, I can still build an normal AR for about the same money...just not sure what the advantage would be other than weight...Might still build one just for the helluvit...

Just out of curiosity, where can I get an aluminum lower, complete with stock and trigger group for $125 delivered? It will be info I put to good use.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I spoke to some guys that build ARs for a living and they had nothing bad to say about Plum Crazy....so today a group of co-workers and I bought 14 lowers. Each one of us is going to try and set them up differently. They should be here by the end of next week. Now I am shopping for an inexpensive complete upper.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    I spoke to some guys that build ARs for a living and they had nothing bad to say about Plum Crazy....so today a group of co-workers and I bought 14 lowers. Each one of us is going to try and set them up differently. They should be here by the end of next week. Now I am shopping for an inexpensive complete upper.

Keep any eye out on DPMS uppers through Midway, I picked up a flat top upper around christmas for $349!!

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Just out of curiosity, where can I get an aluminum lower, complete with stock and trigger group for $125 delivered? It will be info I put to good use.

I usually don't pay more than $70 for a stripped lower, and with the parts kits from DTI I can bring a complete weapon together for around $550. less with discounts, and even better at there annual Black Friday Sale.. Runs like any other $900 to $1000 AR... I am still interested in putting one of these together, if for no other reason it should be really lite weight...

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I wonder if they're interested in building a .308 lower... It'd be interesting to see if you could build a semi-auto rifle that conforms to Cooper's Scout Rifle criteria.

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    Just got my Plum Crazy lower and the CMMG upper today (ordered separately). They snapped together effortlessly and fit tightly. The complete gun weighs just over 5 lbs unloaded and has a great balance to it. Gave her a good cleaning and can't wait to take her out on our first date to the range.

Termitehunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have a friend of mine that has around 3k on his and he has no complaints. He did however install the DPMS LPK with it instead of the polymer one. I have shot them and they remind me of a Kel-Tec SU 16 but with a better feel because of the AR platform. I have assembled 4 of these for friends, 2 with polymer LPKs and have had no issues with the fit. The only real knock on them that I know is fact is that with the polymer LPKs, the hammer strike can be too light to ignite the primer on mil spec ammo. So it isn't the lower but the guts that can give you issues. This happened on more than 1 occasion that I am personally aware of.

ryantx23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    North TX
    Do we have anyone here that can speak from first hand experience about the Plum Crazy lowers? I think we'd all agree the price is right, but it is possible to spend thrifty and get a quality rifle in the end. Good luck to those who are trying to get that done. I just got done with another AR build in December and I'll probably start another in a couple more months. Looking forward to reading what TGT members have to say after their PCF builds are done and range tested.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Do we have anyone here that can speak from first hand experience about the Plum Crazy lowers? I think we'd all agree the price is right, but it is possible to spend thrifty and get a quality rifle in the end. Good luck to those who are trying to get that done. I just got done with another AR build in December and I'll probably start another in a couple more months. Looking forward to reading what TGT members have to say after their PCF builds are done and range tested.
    did you read the post right above yours? I have talked to those that have them and arent involved with the company and speak highly them. It is possible to save money and still get a quality rifle...polymer is cheaper and easier to manufacture, thus a cheaper end price.

I shot a DPMS composite AR recently and had no issues after several hundred rounds.

ryantx23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    North TX
    did you read the post right above yours? I have talked to those that have them and arent involved with the company and speak highly them. It is possible to save money and still get a quality rifle...polymer is cheaper and easier to manufacture, thus a cheaper end price.

I shot a DPMS composite AR recently and had no issues after several hundred rounds.

Yeah I read his post right before I posted my own. I just would like a solid review before I buy. With the price as low as it is, it would be hard to go too wrong. I have to admit I am skeptical though. So PCF uses a polymer LPK too as well? That seems a little strange but if it works it works. I just put a Daniel Defense LPK in my last build and it works fantastic for me.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'd skip the plastic lower parts kit and go steel. I was unimpressed with the trigger pull on my AUG clone that used a plastic sear and hammer assembly. IMO steel parts would have meant less creep and a cleaner trigger pull.

Top Bottom