• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C & A s Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Hey Carneyman,

I just noticed you were here.

TxPt Thanks for the info on the makarovs. I will look into these but I am really leaning towards the Ruger LCP even though I may be waiting a couple of months to receive one.

Lunchbox, as has already been stated, there are opinions all over the board but the sales guy at Academy told me the Bersa would compare in quaility to the Kel Tec. Woud you consider that to be accurate?
    Texas SOT

lunchbox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    i have not heard negative things about bersa i do not own one but know people that do i have a keltec and like it just fine

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    2 of my buddies are on the force and one has the Bersa .380, the other a Kel-Tec P3AT..........both like what they have.

I think it comes down to personal preference.

I am sure the Ruger will be fine, too. Actually, the Ruger sounds like it will be a slightly nicer Kel-Tec design.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Lets see... Ankle holster and cowboy boots.

First bend down
    Second pull pant leg up
    third Fish around in boot to get gun
    Fourth pull gun
    Fifth shoot bad guy.....Hmmmmmm

I think that if this was baseball, you were picked off between second and third at best.

C & A s Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    I guess that is why I said I would consider an ankle holster. After hearing from guys like you who know, it looks like I will be using a nice Pocket Holster like the Nemisis. Spelling???

As of today, I headed towards a Ruger 380 LCP and the above mentioned holster. I would like a little more umph but I also want it to be completely concealed.

lunchbox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I guess that is why I said I would consider an ankle holster. After hearing from guys like you who know, it looks like I will be using a nice Pocket Holster like the Nemisis. Spelling???

As of today, I headed towards a Ruger 380 LCP and the above mentioned holster. I would like a little more umph but I also want it to be completely concealed.
    if you want more ummff
    there was for a short time a 40S&W offered by kel-tec its the same size as their 9mm still very small and a 40 should do the trick. these had some hickups but there are articles on how to solve these problems only buy one if you have a strong wrist as if you limp wrist his gun it will not feed

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Hey Carneyman,

TxPt Thanks for the info on the makarovs. I will look into these but I am really leaning towards the Ruger LCP even though I may be waiting a couple of months to receive one.

Lunchbox, as has already been stated, there are opinions all over the board but the sales guy at Academy told me the Bersa would compare in quaility to the Kel Tec. Woud you consider that to be accurate?

Hey. Welcome C&A. Glad you made it over.

C & A s Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Jim you were correct. These guys know their stuff and have been very helpful. However, it seems odd communicating with guys here and not even once has anyone mentioned CAIs, Custom Tunes, HH Units or Transmission coolers. :D

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    While I admit it isn't the preferred way to do things, I have carried a Taurus 85, in a nylon clip holster, in my boot many times. I have also carried a Colt 1908 pocket lite in .25 when nothing else would work. It's better than a sharp stick in a lot of places. You might want to check out the Kahr smaller size pistols. There are a lot of options, you just have to sift through them.

Greenblur

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Consider a Kahr

The Kahr CW9 (9mm) should be a consideration. Depending on your pants it may be a little too big to pocket carry, but it is light and slim and conceals very easily in a IWB holster. You can find them new for just over $400, but not much more. The PM9 for pocket carry is going to be out of the price range you're considering.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Hey Carneyman,

I don't know where you are but Sportsman's Finest In Bee Cave has one in stock.

C & A s Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Thanks Hoji,

I may contact them Monday to see if they will ship it. If not, I have a local Gun Store that will order me one. They have only 1 person on the list ahead of me right now. The Academy where I live had 6 people on a list ahead of me.

hihosilver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    You might want to save a couple of hundred dollars
    more and get a Kahr PM9. It is small enough to pocket carry and is a 9mm. A 380 is certainly capable of stopping a bad guy, but I would feel better with a 9mm or a 38 special snubnose. Taurus makes a ultra light 38 in your price range. They actually pocket carry very well. I would agree about the angle rig, while your bending over to draw your weapon, the bad guy will just kick you in the face. With pocket carry. If you sense a threat, you can already have your hand in your pocket and ready to draw. be safe and good luck..

C & A s Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    You might want to save a couple of hundred dollars
    more and get a Kahr PM9. It is small enough to pocket carry and is a 9mm. A 380 is certainly capable of stopping a bad guy, but I would feel better with a 9mm or a 38 special snubnose. Taurus makes a ultra light 38 in your price range. They actually pocket carry very well. I would agree about the angle rig, while your bending over to draw your weapon, the bad guy will just kick you in the face. With pocket carry. If you sense a threat, you can already have your hand in your pocket and ready to draw. be safe and good luck..

It seems every 9 MM lI look at weighs above 20 oz and even though it may be small enough to pocket carry, wouldn't that be a little heavy for kahkis?

I have not thought about the Taurus Ultra Light 38 but will look into that. My wife has a little Taurus 38 but it is not the light version. Pretty nice little gun and with some good ammo, I would consider it to be capapble of stopping a bad guy.

hihosilver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    the Kahr PM9 weighs around 16 ounces. I actually plan on buying one tommorow if my local shop has one. I can give you some more details then. The ruger 380 is less $$ and even smaller and lighter, but hard to get rght now. Just make sure you have a couple of extra magazines in case theres more than one bad guy. Or the airlight 357's. Practice with 38's, but carry 357 loads. No question about enough firepower with the 357.:D good luck..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2052133189778920563&ei=4uyoSLKpBoOm4QLPkeki&q=pm9+review&vt=lf&hl=en

Mark F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Affirmative on the Kel Tec P3AT, and I CHOSE it OVER the LCP. My local gun shop has sold 5 LCP's, and 3 of them had to go back to Ruger... that's not a good record.

C & A s Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Do you know why they had to go back?

Funny how you can hear different things about different brands. This seems to be true with any product. You hear things like "I bought a (insert brand) in 1978 and will never own another one".

I can still buy the Kel Tec because the dealer that has ordered the LCP can sell it at anytime if I do not take it.

Top Bottom