• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    I dated a cop a few years back and she was issued 50 rd boxes of Gold Dot. Don't remember what grains or +p or std pressure. So if you use GD, you can say you use same thing they do/did. But I think that's not something to really be concerned about.

She never wanted to go to the range, just did the required requals, then put her Glock away for the next time. Uncleaned...

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So if I use the same as they do, the courts cannot say I used overkill ammo.

Normally, I would say don’t fall into that stupid trap, but you’ve already recorded your thought process; now the prosecutor will simply up the charge to murder since you’re obviously planning how to get away with shooting somebody.

Having said all that, you’ll get better mileage studying and understanding Texas Penal Code Chapter 9.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    To those of you laughing at the OP’s reasoning;

In a just world deadly force is deadly force. Whether it is a pistol or a SUV, if you are justified in its use, it should be a non issue.

In the clown world we live in;

Harold Fish- convicted of 2nd Degree murder ( overturned on appeal after serving 3 years) part of the prosecution’s argument ( or shit they slung to 12 who couldn’t get out of jury duty) was his choice of ammo and caliber ( 10mm)

That is the only one I can cite off the top of my head, but it does happen.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    To those of you laughing at the OP’s reasoning;

In a just world deadly force is deadly force. Whether it is a pistol or a SUV, if you are justified in its use, it should be a non issue.

In the clown world we live in;

Harold Fish- convicted of 2nd Degree murder ( overturned on appeal after serving 3 years) part of the prosecution’s argument ( or shit they slung to 12 who couldn’t get out of jury duty) was his choice of ammo and caliber ( 10mm)

That is the only one I can cite off the top of my head, but it does happen.
    Hope he didn't pay much for his lawyer! Whatever it was he deserves a refund.

Top Bottom