• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    The hand wringing ninnies and the notion one should use what police carry has been around forever.

My first foray as an armed security monkey, everyone kept saying "you have to use what the local police use, or you can be charged with murder if you shoot someone" - WTF? Just like my first security instructor, and an equally fuddish CHL instructor said "never shoot someone in the head, it's automatic premeditated murder if you do" - again, WTF?

Here I am over 20 years later, and a fuddy security instructor was still passing that same shit along - also noting to add "don't modify your guns, you'll lose in court every time" - when one student asked "what about putting a light on it" - instructor says "that's modifying your gun, what do you need a light for?" Um, I dunno, like, 90% of security people work at night to start. Seeing your target and being able to have two hands on the gun while illuminating some shitbird is another good reason, and you just said use what the cops use, and most of them have lights on their guns.

The hand wringing ninnies should go take a long walk off a short plank into a deep canyon.

Since the government, nor my employer, is buying my ammo, or my gun, I'll carry what I find to be reasonable in cost that also performs well in my pistol. Its a handgun. Its not magic. Shot placement matters more than ballistic performance in pistol rounds.

My G34 loves 147 grain stuff. My G19 works great with 115 and 124 grain stuff.
    Lynx Defense

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Based on the average round to hit ratio, I’d say a lot of them use ammo that has terrible accuracy.

Of course, it may be because they miss, but since so many politicians say only the police are qualified to have guns, that can’t be right.

Bobbycurtdawg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2023
    El Paso
    I can tell you what CBP EL Paso along with the Nation uses. We use Speer LE 9mm Luger 147 Gr G2SR. Our guys in San Ysidro involved in LEO shootouts indicated it was effective.
    This is true as well for training they use Winchester nickel plated 5.56, 9mm, and 40. The brass has a weird purple hue. I find piles of it at the local shooting spots

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Based on the average round to hit ratio, I’d say a lot of them use ammo that has terrible accuracy.

Of course, it may be because they miss, but since so many politicians say only the police are qualified to have guns, that can’t be right.
    Granted a lot of cops dont train like they should, but you may be surprised at the difficulty of moving and shooting a pistol at a moving target when you just had the biggeat adrenaline dump of your life...

Its why one of the classes I adjunt includes a set of stress shooting drills, one ncluding no-shoot targets and the other a 3x5" A zone inside a about C zone target in a run-shoot-run-shoot-run-shoot format that is times and run with their peers for pressure.

Its also why I compete in 2-gun Biathlon matches...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Invaders? You mean the tired and hungry yearning for freedom... Something about the natives were here first and we're all immigrants or something....

A lot of the migrants I've seen on the streets in El Paso sure don't look very desperate.... Fresh dyed hair, new clothes, Jordan nike shoes, nice tattoos, I've even seen a few fat ones. And pregnant ones. They're not fleeing oppression or war, they're just fleeing poverty. They shouldn't be given refugee status. Darn right they're invaders, I'm with you on that. Upsets me to no end to see military age men begging on our streets after running away from their country. Shame our government is allowing it. I have immigrant friends from Mexico, Ukraine, Moldova, Nigeria, Cameroon, and Kenya. Those guys are all strongly opinionated on the subject. They fought for years to come here with their families and become citizens, and most ended up serving in the US military, and they love and appreciate this country. It's insulting to them
    Dang, I get to use this twice in one day
    07d694f74361ee6bbf6d5f3a0b261baa.jpg

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Granted a lot of cops dont train like they should, but you may be surprised at the difficulty of moving and shooting a pistol at a moving target when you just had the biggeat adrenaline dump of your life...

Its why one of the classes I adjunt includes a set of stress shooting drills, one ncluding no-shoot targets and the other a 3x5" A zone inside a about C zone target in a run-shoot-run-shoot-run-shoot format that is times and run with their peers for pressure.

Its also why I compete in 2-gun Biathlon matches...

Understood and if I offended anyone, especially any LEO’s, I am sorry. That wasn’t my intent.

I’ve never had to shoot a “two way, real world” drill. I have total respect for those who have.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Dang shame it's not being used at the border.

Actually it has twice in San Ysidro and several in Texas border remember the rock thrower kid getting shot? This is how we use our stats on the effectiveness of the rounds issued to us. The third event actually happened in Houston in 2009 and I knew the guy in this incident. Since then the rounds we have issued is definitely battle tested.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Cops being bad shots is a meme, sometimes fair, sometimes not.

Depends on what part of the country you are in.

APD’s Sgt. Adam Johnson took out a shooter with a 100 yard pistol shot a few years back.

NYPD is notorious for missing at very close range. One incident there were several NYPD shooting to slide lock at a suspect less than 15 feet away. I think the suspect lived and was only hit a couple of times

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Depends on what part of the country you are in.

APD’s Sgt. Adam Johnson took out a shooter with a 100 yard pistol shot a few years back.

NYPD is notorious for missing at very close range. One incident there were several NYPD shooting to slide lock at a suspect less than 15 feet away. I think the suspect lived and was only hit a couple of times
    Johnson also skipped it at about 50yds...
    But I'd rather be lucky than good anyday.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom