• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjl95mustang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    I found some pics on glocktalk. The second pic is what I would like it to look like when finished.

Now before you go saying this will cause it to rust. The Tenifer goes just about as deep as the serial number stamps. So as long as a don't polist the same spot for hours it will be fine.

This is my progress. I did all of this by hand. i'm getting my Dremel tomorrow from my folks house.
    IMG_8274.JPG

This is what I hope it will look like when finished.
    chrome4.jpg
    Texas SOT

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I found some pics on glocktalk. The second pic is what I would like it to look like when finished.

Now before you go saying this will cause it to rust. The Tenifer goes just about as deep as the serial number stamps. So as long as a don't polist the same spot for hours it will be fine.

This is my progress. I did all of this by hand. i'm getting my Dremel tomorrow from my folks house.
    View attachment 2725

View attachment 2724

Looks like the finished product was done with some sort of precision flat suface grinder. Good luck with the dremel but don't see how your going to polish by hand without having dips and gouges.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    Id leave that to a professional. If they mess it up you get a new slide. If you mess it up you have a messed up glock.

Turn Key

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Indiana
    What was actor Tommy Lee Jone's famous saying about the Glock in the Fugitive...

~ (Get rid of that shiney sissy pistol and get a Glock.)

:dunno: bro you may be going the wrong way. Glock in GA can alway re-tenifer the gun for you whenever your ready.

TK

chopper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    east tx
    jewlers rouge and buffing wheel...the kind that mounts on a bench grinder. the dremel would work i guess but its way to much like work. I use to do the satin finish colt 1911's like that.
    the jewlers rouge will make it shine like a high polish crome....just dont shoot outside with out sunglasses lol

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx

View attachment 2725

View attachment 2724

Please excuse my arrogance, polishing would not be necessary, to say the least, if one owned a sig vs. a glock.

fnmedallion

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    haslet texas
    that's easy to accomplish, pm me and i will give you some flame free advice... p.s. this is High-Cap i'm on my dads computer

i know a thing or two about polished slides. the 1911 was complete, the others were in progress, that's why they look hazy
    para-redone001.gif

ar-15stuff023.gif

ar-15stuff024.gif

p14rebuild002.gif

polishedp94002.gif

polishedp94003.gif

fnmedallion

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    haslet texas
    Colts are stainless,Glock slides are carbon steel dude
    not all colt slides are, and if you wipe the polished slides down with an oil rag every once in a while.... they wont rust.

just like any other gun in existence. how many carbon steel guns have been made that the blue is wearing off of, and if wiped down or lightly sprayed with an oil, will it rust...?

i have a 1906 mfg marlin 1894 that has zero rust on it, bluing is worn off, but oil works wonders.

Top Bottom