• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjl95mustang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    Well, It is starting to look pretty damn good. I finished the barrel and it looks awesome.

I am about 75% done with one side of the slide.

It won't rust either. The tenifer is in the metal not just a coating.
    Gun Zone Deals

tallman1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Irving
    Easy way to polish slide is to use very fine sandpaper placed on a piece of plate glass.Make sure you move slide in one direction.Not in circular motion.All polish jobs are just very fine scratchs.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My Glock 21 had that treatment. I bought it used and it was already done when I got it. The tenifer coating is extremely hard & durable and it's about impossible to scratch it. The slide finish is polished and shiny and I call it my "whorehouse gun." In all, I have no issues with it and even though I could have the black finish reapplied I'm going to leave it as is. The back of the pistol isn't too shiny so I have no complaints about use of the sights, either. Absolutely no issues with rusting to date......about 3 years now.

Flash

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    what i meant was,most of the polished ones he likely saw were stainless. i know that colt makes models that are not :P
    however....yeah,just don't make it too much of a pimp gun. my eyes are still hurting from seeing an HK usp 45 compact at the gun show. some retard had chromed the slide and gold plated the slide stop. PUKE

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've had stainless pistols that were polished and they always had a knack for developing scratches. Removing the black coating from a Glock leaves the bare Tenifer coating underneath which is very highly polished on my model 21.

The Tenifer is a coating that is RC 64 (Rockwell "C" scale). The surface of a case hardened gear tooth is RC 58 and the coating is even harder than chrome plating.

After 3 years, the surface of my Glock slide is scratch free. That Tenifer surface is REALLY hard and there is no comparison to polished stainless steel or to chrome plating. On each Glock, the black coating may be scratched or worn off but the Tenifer beneath it won't be bothered a bit.

As I said, I bought the pistol like that but have no problems with it. I'm going to leave it just like it is.

Flash

Top Bottom