Capitol Armory ad

Political: Cartoons, Memes, Funny Pictures, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    View attachment 187899

After the raids today I'm wondering how many charred and broken Kurdish civilians are heaving and wheezing their last gasps tonight as I sit here and sip a glass of Macallan 15 y/o single malt. Now 10PM and a cooler fall breeze visiting my cedars.

It's a gentle 6AM dawn there right now. The new day to be the last for many innocents.

So profoundly and exceedingly grateful to be born, by providence and serendipity, in central Texas: HKS

Profoundly and exceedingly grateful myself to be born in a place unlike the middle east where conflict and death rules the day and has for centuries regardless of who intervenes. Also profoundly and exceedingly grateful that fewer US soldiers will have to die fighting in a war where there are no chips to gain and they can never win regardless of what they do or how long they stay. Not to mention the trillions in US taxpayers' dough. Amen.

The neoliberal/neocon philosophy never ceases to amaze......thanks for showing again its ignorance.

Last edited:

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    a57381549930a8d961feb7b91b88a02c76fee1ba83b21692695770e184591733-jpg-jpg.jpg

Attachments

• a57381549930a8d961feb7b91b88a02c76fee1ba83b21692695770e184591733-jpg-jpg.jpg
      a57381549930a8d961feb7b91b88a02c76fee1ba83b21692695770e184591733-jpg-jpg.jpg
      94.3 KB · Views: 467

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Profoundly and exceedingly grateful myself to be born in a place unlike the middle east where conflict and death rules the day and has for centuries regardless of who intervenes. Also profoundly and exceedingly grateful that fewer US soldiers will have to die fighting in a war where there are no chips to gain and they can never win regardless of what they do or how long they stay. Not to mention the trillions in US taxpayers' dough. Amen.

The neoliberal/neocon philosophy never ceases to amaze......thanks for showing again its ignorance.
    So don't be outraged when the next 9/11 happens because we allowed Muslim terrorists safe havens from which to plan and execute.

The isolationists with their head in the sand never cease to amaze me, as they don't realize that when you bury your head in the sand anyone can come along and kick you in the butt.

The Kurds helped us minimize our troops on the ground and were vital in helping damage ISIS. Now we abandon them. I'm sure they will ally with us again in the future if needed.

Bunch of short sighted folks...

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    So don't be outraged when the next 9/11 happens because we allowed Muslim terrorists safe havens from which to plan and execute......

Bunch of short sighted folks...

I agree with your logic. However, I get the feeling that we are not getting the whole story with Trumps decision to pull out of northern Syria. There is obviously something going on in the background that we have not been told. As asinine as it appears, it also feels calculated.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Big picture? Nobody is ever in our lifetimes going to make any real progress in the Middle East. The names may change, but the game does not. We go in trying to help, trying to fight, and trying to stabilize but it is simply impossible to wage a war on a toxic ideology that is so welcomed by the people in the region. They truly believe we're evil. We can't fix that.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Big picture? Nobody is ever in our lifetimes going to make any real progress in the Middle East. The names may change, but the game does not. We go in trying to help, trying to fight, and trying to stabilize but it is simply impossible to wage a war on a toxic ideology that is so welcomed by the people in the region. They truly believe we're evil. We can't fix that.
    Perhaps so. But we can keep it from spilling over to our soil.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I agree with your logic. However, I get the feeling that we are not getting the whole story with Trumps decision to pull out of northern Syria. There is obviously something going on in the background that we have not been told. As asinine as it appears, it also feels calculated.

I agree there's some backroom stuff going on, but abandoning (again) folks over there who have been helping us keep things in check seems short sighted. Sure it means getting our troops out, which is good, but we all know what happens in that region if there isn't a force in place to keep things in check. We're putting an awful lot of trust in Turkey.

It's not just us they hate. They hate each other as well. They've been at this for hundreds of years. It's in their culture. The only stability that region can have is if it is ruled with an iron fist. Even after Iraq won it's freedom and the US backed away, Iraqi soldiers laid down their weapons and allowed ISIS to walk into their military bases, round them all up and march them out to the desert to be executed. Laying down a fully loaded rifle to allow someone to come in and kill you instead of fighting for your freedom, along with everything else they do is a mindset we just don't understand. They think different than we do, so we have no way to negotiate with them.

Unfortunately, the only two options to deal with them is play offense or defense. Maybe Trump is trying to play offense by using Turkey to do the work. I don't see that working out. I can see it making things much worse over there very quick.

Top Bottom