Political: Cartoons, Memes, Funny Pictures, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    72367632_2535075683212851_402106688066289664_n.jpg

Attachments

• 72367632_2535075683212851_402106688066289664_n.jpg
      72367632_2535075683212851_402106688066289664_n.jpg
      57.2 KB · Views: 450

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    I agree there's some backroom stuff going on, but abandoning (again) folks over there who have been helping us keep things in check seems short sighted. Sure it means getting our troops out, which is good, but we all know what happens in that region if there isn't a force in place to keep things in check. We're putting an awful lot of trust in Turkey.

It's not just us they hate. They hate each other as well. They've been at this for hundreds of years. It's in their culture. The only stability that region can have is if it is ruled with an iron fist. Even after Iraq won it's freedom and the US backed away, Iraqi soldiers laid down their weapons and allowed ISIS to walk into their military bases, round them all up and march them out to the desert to be executed. Laying down a fully loaded rifle to allow someone to come in and kill you instead of fighting for your freedom, along with everything else they do is a mindset we just don't understand. They think different than we do, so we have no way to negotiate with them.

Unfortunately, the only two options to deal with them is play offense or defense. Maybe Trump is trying to play offense by using Turkey to do the work. I don't see that working out. I can see it making things much worse over there very quick.
    It's too bad that we, The US Military, didn't make them lay down their weapons when we went in. When we rolled in to Bagdad the people of Iraq were riding around in pickup trucks firing their AK's into the air and partying. We let them keep their weapons. We had the middle of the Middle East in our hands and let them go.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    So don't be outraged when the next 9/11 happens because we allowed Muslim terrorists safe havens from which to plan and execute.

The isolationists with their head in the sand never cease to amaze me, as they don't realize that when you bury your head in the sand anyone can come along and kick you in the butt.

The Kurds helped us minimize our troops on the ground and were vital in helping damage ISIS. Now we abandon them. I'm sure they will ally with us again in the future if needed.

Bunch of short sighted folks...

I thought Starbucks already did the 'safe haven' thing

On a serious note nobody in the ME wants our help, they want our $

Top Bottom