Lynx Defense

Political: Cartoons, Memes, Funny Pictures, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    They will just do what New York did. Even non residents have to file state income tax on money earnd in state from work there or business operating there if its above a certain ammount or from a certain class. NYC did the same thing. They wanted taxes from sports players visiting and rich folk who lived outside the state but work there.

It's like Nosferatu is now living off taxes is addicted and cant get enough.

Or terminators have been hired as tax collectors or tax code writers...they can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear! And they absolutely will not stop collecting taxes in ever evolving ways ever, until after you are dead and your estate is bankrupt.
    All states that have income tax do this, have done for decades.
    Texas SOT

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    1597681103582.png

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    My former life as a consultant made my taxes quite interesting.
    Yeah, but California has been especially egregious. I remember ~25 years ago, they started seeking California income tax returns from anyone who resided outside California but was drawing a pension from any organization headquartered in California. They apparently got tired of their policeman, firefighters, teachers, and various state employees moving out of state as soon as they retired.

I never did find out if they were successful. When my work moved me away from that particular topic, I lost track.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Yeah, but California has been especially egregious. I remember ~25 years ago, they started seeking California income tax returns from anyone who resided outside California but was drawing a pension from any organization headquartered in California. They apparently got tired of their policeman, firefighters, teachers, and various state employees moving out of state as soon as they retired.

I never did find out if they were successful. When my work moved me away from that particular topic, I lost track.

I believe it. Part of that time was while living in CA.

The state and by proxy the people there never met a tax they didn't like.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

True! California tried to tax navy civilians when we traveled TDY to work on naval ships in San Diego. The U.S. government told them to pack sand after workers told them they wouldn't travel there if they were taxed.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston

How about the fact that California sends you a 1099 on any tax return you received the previous year. That's right they count overpayment, and subsequent return of your own money as income.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom