• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Their board, their rules. They are allowed to censor whomever they like. I posted that thread, but respect their right to do so...not that I have to agree of course.

(sigh) It is NOT "censorship" my friend. They posted that political threads were no longer allowed. You opted to ignore it and post anyway. On MANY boards, that would've earned you a ban - but all they did was lock the thread. Obviously, you chose NOT to respect their rules.

Rocket_Pilot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2011
    Here (not there)
    Sorry, but I hadn't been on the website in a few weeks and was unaware of the politics ban, otherwise I would have certainly respected the rules in the first place. Anyone coming on a website of this type is a guest and subject to the website owners rule, which again I respect. Honest mistake.

And under the definition of censorship, it is. Censor - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Censorship, like many other words cannibalized by the masses, is automatically thought of as dirty. The topic was censored, but again, the attendees of this website are allowed to participate here at the discretion of the site owners. It's their god given right to censor any topic they find objectionable or against their liking.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    You are right sir, I stand corrected. It's discrimination. But again, not in the bad sense others think of. Enough said. I meant no harm.

No....discrimination is selecting one over another for personal reasons, generally racially oriented. In this instance, it's "NO" politics, regardless of party affiliation - and it happens to be one I agree with. I've seen two many friendships destroyed over sex, politics and/or religion - usually because folks have forgotten how to respect anothers' opinion, even if they disagree with it.

Be that as it may, our host has asked that we not do it. As guests in HIS home, we are honor-bound to respect it without comment - or leave. Please note that NONE of what I've written has bene directed AT you, but rather to counter your words - and there IS a huge difference!

Rocket_Pilot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2011
    Here (not there)
    No....discrimination is selecting one over another for personal reasons, generally racially oriented. In this instance, it's "NO" politics, regardless of party affiliation - and it happens to be one I agree with. I've seen two many friendships destroyed over sex, politics and/or religion - usually because folks have forgotten how to respect anothers' opinion, even if they disagree with it.

Be that as it may, our host has asked that we not do it. As guests in HIS home, we are honor-bound to respect it without comment - or leave. Please note that NONE of what I've written has bene directed AT you, but rather to counter your words - and there IS a huge difference!

Here I respectfully disagree with you. Discrimination, in the technical sense, can be for anything. In fact, it was a good thing before the liberals hijacked the word. It used to be a good thing to be discriminating. We all discriminate, and rightfully so. We are discriminating in who we hang out with, who we date, what tastes we have. In this case, as a private website, the owners are acting in a discriminating manner toward people that apparently can't have mature, objective, political discussions without name calling and bugging the moderators that police the site.

So, again, it is discrimination in the technical sense. Not in the mainstream hijacked sense. And I too, as well, don't direct any of my thoughts toward you personally. Just here to enjoy this excellent website like everyone else!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I have no idea who that is, I'm afraid to ask! Let me guess, one of our friends that got the politics section banned, ha.

Luukie i am in Loosiana right now but i will reeeturn

PocketRocket, meet Sterling.....he's a li'l teched in the haid, but he's good folk. Just don't make Mexican jokes around him - he's sensitive about that......

Top Bottom