• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Me, well basically it is an assualt on free speech and our second amendment rights. How can you discuss guns and not be able to discuss politics? They go hand in hand. It's like the lie that's been aroudn 40 years or so of seperation of church and state. There is no law of seperation of chruch and state, there is however part of our bill of rights that says the goverment shall make no laws concerning religion.

Politics is what guns are about, look at our 2nd amendment. It's writtian there that we have the right to bear arms and yes it's part of politics.

Anyway thats my feeling, to many forums take away the free speech and they then cease to be forums.

Forum Definition:

a : the marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business b : a public meeting place for open discussion c : a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    the 1st amendment right to free speech does not include internet message board "stuff"

to have 1st amendment protection, the speech must be in the general public interest

nobody outside this board gives a rats ass what we're saying or not saying

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    The 1st Amendment governs the government not a privately owned website. Your rights have been violated in no way whatsoever.

I laugh when I hear that people think that the Bill of Rights governs private business. It doesn't. It tells the government what it CANT do to the people.

jgalvanatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2011
    Austin, TX
    The 1st Amendment governs the government not a privately owned website. Your rights have been violated in no way whatsoever.

I laugh when I hear that people think that the Bill of Rights governs private business. It doesn't. It tells the government what it CANT do to the people.

I agree. It's a free market, for now.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Me, well basically it is an assualt on free speech and our second amendment rights. How can you discuss guns and not be able to discuss politics? They go hand in hand. It's like the lie that's been aroudn 40 years or so of seperation of church and state. There is no law of seperation of chruch and state, there is however part of our bill of rights that says the goverment shall make no laws concerning religion.

1) You can discuss guns and politics, so long as they are related to gun legislation, in the gun legislation section.

2) There is a separation of church and state. The founding fathers knew the danger of empowering a single church over another, and thus the clause was born. The church has no right dictating politics in this country, and it is absolutely, unequivocally a detriment to the freedoms enumerated in the Constitution. Anyone with a simple understanding of pre-American history can deduce why they made this part of the 1st Amendment.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    What can I say? Mexican_Hippie wins the Internet.

Hell yeah!!!!!! WIN!!!!!!!!

winner-win.jpg

1) You can discuss guns and politics, so long as they are related to gun legislation, in the gun legislation section.

2) There is a separation of church and state. The founding fathers knew the danger of empowering a single church over another, and thus the clause was born. The church has no right dictating politics in this country, and it is absolutely, unequivocally a detriment to the freedoms enumerated in the Constitution. Anyone with a simple understanding of pre-American history can deduce why they made this part of the 1st Amendment.

BUZZ! Wrong answer. Separation of church and state is NOT in the Constitution. Certainly not in the 1st amendment. Freedom of Religion IS in the Constitution. The two are not the same. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances" Link:The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

I know, technicality. Still, worth pointing out.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The only politics applicable to this board are those affecting gun ownership.

Anyone who doesn't agree that we should be allowed to own, carry, and use firearms doesn't belong on this board.

If you support the politicians who don't think we should be allowed to own, carry, and use firearms, you are not right in the head. There's no use in explaining the "why" or "how" of it to you. Seek professional help.

That pretty much covers politics on TGT. As for arguments, just hold on a bit and I'm sure Clockwork will start something. He's as regular with that as, well, clockwork.

Other than that, this is a very open and accepting discussion board. We welcome everybody - even Glock lovers.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    About once a year I start getting the urge to buy a Glock, just to have one.

Then I go out and shoot one and remember why I don't own one.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    BUZZ! Wrong answer. Separation of church and state is NOT in the Constitution. Certainly not in the 1st amendment. Freedom of Religion IS in the Constitution. The two are not the same. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances" Link:The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

The "Church" is the establishment of religion. I mean this the best way possible, but you really should read the viewpoints of whom created the Constitution and why they specifically worded phrases the way they did. People had just risked everything to sail half way across the world for a better life, a life away from oligarchies and kings ... away from the Roman Catholic and Protestant churches.

Henceforth the separation of church (the establishment) and the state with the clause "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion ..."

Top Bottom