Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I wear a mask into church, but take it off when I get to my seat.
    Interestingly, I was not wearing a mask at church, yet that's where I got it. One member had gone to a hairdresser out of state and that's where it started. I would tell you that it's pretty darn contagious, as I worked in the sound booth and was not able to interact with many church members that day. Quite a few congregants got it. I got it. Brought it home to wife. It was pretty nasty and did NOT want to let go easily.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Pretty major study out there that says asymptomatic people do not spread it.
    Possible true, but in the scenario I posted, if you were a carrier or just beginning to get the disease and didn't know it yet, and a mask might prevent others from getting it, would you wear a mask?
    This is a basic question of would you wear a mask that in no way benefits you but if you just happened to be contagious MIGHT (who knows) prevent someone else from getting it. All hypothetical. Not interested in what some study shows or does not show. If your wearing a mask helped someone else would you?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Wished I could, but currently I'm in a situation where I don't have any choice. As much as wearing a mask chafes me raw as matter of principle, I'm wearing one.
    I understand your situation. Not meant as a put down to you.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Let's assume that the average mask has no value in protecting the person wearing it. That is an assumption. Let's assume that if you had an asymptomatic case (but could infect others) that a mask might (I say might) lower the risk of you spreading it to others, would you wear a mask as CDC recommends?
    A simple question. Please no more philosophical responses. Just an answer to my hypothetical (possibly true) question.

What I would do if I knew I was contagious is stay the fück home and not wander my ass around in public. I’ll even extend that thought a bit: if someone has a reasonable belief they shouldn’t go somewhere because they can get other people sick (for any reason, not just COVID), they should either stay home or get a recommendation (and actually follow it) from a medical professional.

Unfortunately, this is the one thing that no body wants to do: accept personal responsibility for their own actions.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Possible true, but in the scenario I posted, if you were a carrier or just beginning to get the disease and didn't know it yet, and a mask might prevent others from getting it, would you wear a mask?
    This is a basic question of would you wear a mask that in no way benefits you but if you just happened to be contagious MIGHT (who knows) prevent someone else from getting it. All hypothetical. Not interested in what some study shows or does not show. If your wearing a mask helped someone else would you?
    The independent studies are also showing that compliance diapers don’t protect either the wearer or others.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    What I would do if I knew I was contagious is stay the **** home and not wander my ass around in public. I’ll even extend that thought a bit: if someone has a reasonable belief they shouldn’t go somewhere because they can get other people sick (for any reason, not just COVID), they should either stay home or get a recommendation (and actually follow it) from a medical professional.

Unfortunately, this is the one thing that no body wants to do: accept personal responsibility for their own actions.
    That is the obvious answer because you knew you were positive. Not what I asked. Are we all going to avoid the obvious? If you wearing a mask might prevent others from getting the disease would you wear a mask? A simple question. Not like Hoji telling me what independent studies show.
    It is very simple and constantly avoided. If you had the power to prevent someone else from getting this disease by wearing a mask would you? I am not claiming that it would work. It is a hypothetical.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Yes, you are asymptomatic. You don't know that you have Covid (because you would quarantine if you did).

Here’s the funny thing: everybody is asymptomatic of everything until they become symptomatic.

Medical Definition of Asymptomatic

Medical Author: William C. Shiel Jr., MD, FACP, FACR
    Reviewed on 12/27/2018
    Asymptomatic: Without symptoms. For example, an asymptomatic infection is an infection with no symptoms.

As a person capable of critical thinking, if I am without symptoms, I cannot simply assume I’m always a walking Typhoid Mary for everything that’s out there.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    So far there are only vague answers to my simple are you still beating your wife type question. If you say you will wear a mask for purely altruistic reasons in that it may help your neighbor then you are giving up your constitutional rights and if you say that you will not wear a mask even if it hurts your neighbor then you are just an ass*ole but have been true at least to your arguments here.
    I don't honestly believe that a mask will protect me. It may prevent me from giving it to someone else and I don't have any convincing evidence either way.
    For me, I will wear a mask indoors at stores when I shop. Not for me but for other people as it is no sweat off of my back to wear a mask for 1/2 hour a day at most. Not because government says I must but because I might prevent one of you from catching it.
    Todd, I have a dictionary and can look up asymptomatic.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Let's assume that the average mask has no value in protecting the person wearing it. That is an assumption. Let's assume that if you had an asymptomatic case (but could infect others) that a mask might (I say might) lower the risk of you spreading it to others, would you wear a mask as CDC recommends?
    A simple question. Please no more philosophical responses. Just an answer to my hypothetical (possibly true) question.
    Let's assume there is a deadly disease. It is ravaging an entire continent. More than 50 percent of those that get it WILL die and it can be spread by people that cough. Or talk to close to you.
    Now let's assume it starts to spread to other countries. There are cases starting to pop up in the general population of several industrial nations because we allow travel from there.

There is no shutdown. No mask order. No threats from the Government.
    And all we do is quarantine those that are sick as well as their caregivers. Not the whole population. And the disease dies down and half the world does NOT die.

Oh,,,wait, we did that. Wasn't that called Ebola?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    So far there are only vague answers to my simple are you still beating your wife type question. If you say you will wear a mask for purely altruistic reasons in that it may help your neighbor then you are giving up your constitutional rights and if you say that you will not wear a mask even if it hurts your neighbor then you are just an ass*ole but have been true at least to your arguments here.
    I don't honestly believe that a mask will protect me. It may prevent me from giving it to someone else and I don't have any convincing evidence either way.
    For me, I will wear a mask indoors at stores when I shop. Not for me but for other people as it is no sweat off of my back to wear a mask for 1/2 hour a day at most. Not because government says I must but because I might prevent one of you from catching it.
    Todd, I have a dictionary and can look up asymptomatic.
    You got vague answers to a very vague hypothetical question.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    That is the obvious answer because you knew you were positive. Not what I asked. Are we all going to avoid the obvious? If you wearing a mask might prevent others from getting the disease would you wear a mask? A simple question. Not like Hoji telling me what independent studies show.
    It is very simple and constantly avoided. If you had the power to prevent someone else from getting this disease by wearing a mask would you? I am not claiming that it would work. It is a hypothetical.

If I had AIDs or an STD, but didn't know I had, yes I would go ahead and have coital relations but wear a condom??? :evil:

Asking for a friend...

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    An honest man. I was thinking of ask the HIV question.

It was also a hypothetical question. Meaning, "should I???"

The honest answer is:

Depends. If one has risk factors then yes, protect partner(s) is the ethical thing. But you won't find me doing it... I control my risk factors (I'm true to my marriage, don't use needles) and also hate condoms and haven't worn one since that unfortunate Herpes breakout. :frog:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    It was also a hypothetical question. Meaning, "should I???"

The honest answer is:

Depends. If one has risk factors then yes, protect partner(s) is the ethical thing. But you won't find me doing it... I control my risk factors (I'm true to my marriage, don't use needles) and also hate condoms and haven't worn one since that unfortunate Herpes breakout. :frog:
    It comes down to a basic question though, if you could take an action that might (no proof) help your neighbors and was no big deal on your part, would you do it?
    This is not the same as would you intervene and risk your life if someone was being robbed. This is asking would you do a minor inconvenience if it helped others. Condoms are a MAJOR inconvenience. Not even ballpark close to wearing a face mask when shopping. We all know this is not a forever thing.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    It comes down to a basic question though, if you could take an action that might (no proof) help your neighbors and was no big deal on your part, would you do it?
    This is not the same as would you intervene and risk your life if someone was being robbed. This is asking would you do a minor inconvenience if it helped others. Condoms are a MAJOR inconvenience. Not even ballpark close to wearing a face mask when shopping. We all know this is not a forever thing.

A face condom is a major inconvenience to some people... It restricts breathing and fogs the glasses. People I know well see me in the store, don't recognize me, and if they did would be too terrified to stop and chat. And if forced to wear one, violates the rights of the person being forced.

What would I do... voluntarily? Not sayin.

What DO I do? What I'm required to do to see a doctor or shop in a store. I don't see a prophylactic benefit to mandates to wear one at ALL times.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    A face condom is a major inconvenience to some people... It restricts breathing and fogs the glasses. People I know well see me in the store, don't recognize me, and if they did would be too terrified to stop and chat. And if forced to wear one, violates the rights of the person being forced.

What would I do... voluntarily? Not sayin.

What DO I do? What I'm required to do to see a doctor or shop in a store. I don't see a prophylactic benefit to mandates to wear one at ALL times.
    A bit of a back track to my hypothetical. I do exactly what you do. But honest.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    When you choose to help a neighbor, that is a choice. What if you were mandated to help everytime you could make their life better and were asked????
    Condom is a major inconvenience??? Masks are not forever????
    You are supposed to be a medical professional! Do you have any idea how many lives could be saved if they are??????
    You are still an idiot.

Top Bottom