Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    It comes down to a basic question though, if you could take an action that might (no proof) help your neighbors and was no big deal on your part, would you do it?
    The answer is it depends. How do you know what constitutes a “big deal on my part”. Kind of judgy, but if I don’t know you still beat your wife, I’m sure as hêll not going to invite myself to dinner at your house every night to make sure you don’t start beating her again. It’s should be no big deal on your part if I decide to that to help keep domestic violence at bay.

... Condoms are a MAJOR inconvenience...

YGBSM. What’s real inconvenient is an easily avoidable, potentially unwanted pregnancy that turns into an abortion or court ordered financial support or custody for the next 18 years to the rest of your life. Not to mention the potential divorce or physical harm such as HIV, gonnaherpesyphiles, or death from angry parent/significant other.
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Pretty major study out there that says asymptomatic people do not spread it.

The independent studies are also showing that compliance diapers don’t protect either the wearer or others.

I guess it all depends on which study you’re reading or believing. Not a knock on you Hoji but to the point of so much conflicting information flying around. I could produce many many sources and studies that absolutely say just the opposite of theses 2 statements and I’ll bet Hoji could produces just as many to back them up. (Please, no links) we just talkin’ & discussn’ amoung forum guys.

This is all just about as fucked up as it can get.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I guess it all depends on which study you’re reading or believing. Not a knock on you Hoji but to the point of so much conflicting information flying around. I could produce many many sources and studies that absolutely say just the opposite of theses 2 statements and I’ll bet Hoji could produces just as many to back them up. (Please, no links) we just talkin’ & discussn’ amoung forum guys.

This is all just about as fucked up as it can get.
    Absolutely. Given so much conflicting information, I will always fall back on what I see for myself. I have known several folks that have had positive tests. All but one were asymptomatic( or had false positive tests) the one’s only symptom was loss of smell and taste for a couple of days.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I've worn one most all week. Dang dust flying out here can't be good for me.
    Neck gaiter anyway.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Let's assume that the average mask has no value in protecting the person wearing it. That is an assumption. Let's assume that if you had an asymptomatic case (but could infect others) that a mask might (I say might) lower the risk of you spreading it to others, would you wear a mask as CDC recommends?
    A simple question. Please no more philosophical responses. Just an answer to my hypothetical (possibly true) question.
    No. If I'm sick enough that I have to wear a mask to keep other people from getting sick, then I need to stay at home in quarantine. That goes for everyone.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Just changed my vote. I was then only one wearing a mask at the beginning of the year. As soon as they started mandating it I quit wearing it.

Go ahead and judge, I only wash my hands when I cook and when I shit. Or when it’s blatantly necessary, like when I work on a car and then have to get dressed in a white tuxedo.

If you’re gonna get it, you’re gonna get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Just changed my vote. I was then only one wearing a mask at the beginning of the year. As soon as they started mandating it I quit wearing it.

Go ahead and judge, I only wash my hands when I cook and when I shit. Or when it’s blatantly necessary, like when I work on a car and then have to get dressed in a white tuxedo.

If you’re gonna get it, you’re gonna get it.

(1) George Carlin: Hand Washing - YouTube

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    What if donating time/$/food, etc. would help your neighbor, would you?
    Of course because I choose to help.
    What if it were mandated I donate time/$/food to help a neighbor whether I want to or not?
    That one is a little harder, altruism might win out but I'm not all that good with mandates and ultimatums.

Steepandcheap

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2020
    Texas
    Don't know why masks are such a point of contention. Healthcare worker here - the ICUs at my hospital certainly aren't full of hoax and taking a step that can decrease my chance of asymptomatic transmission or catching covid myself is a no brainer. Do I wear a mask when I'm running in the street far from other folks? Nah. But if I'm indoors around other folks or in close contact elsewhere - definitely; it's really no big deal.

One of the docs at my hospital was suggesting that mask wearing was framed to the public incorrectly as an altruistic measure, rather than a way to primarily keep yourself safe. I like to (naively?) think that the American value of community outweighs the very American value of individualism.

Last edited:

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Don't know why masks are such a point of contention. Healthcare worker here - the ICUs at my hospital certainly aren't full of hoax and taking a step that can decrease my chance of asymptomatic transmission or catching covid myself is a no brainer. Do I wear a mask when I'm running in the street far from other folks? Nah. But if I'm indoors around other folks or in close contact elsewhere - definitely; it's really no big deal.

One of the docs at my hospital was suggesting that mask wearing was framed to the public incorrectly as an altruistic measure, rather than a way to primarily keep yourself safe. I like to (naively?) think that the American value of community outweighs the very American value of individualism.
    Got any pics of that full ICU?
    Asking for some friends.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    More or less academic to me as I seldom leave the property. I did last Wednesday when my heart Dr had the nurse walk me across to emergency for admission. A mask is mandated in that environment of course and I wore it readily.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

All fine and dandy if everyone was wearing a mask that was proven to prevent the transmission of the virus. But they ain't, are they?

How many people you see in a day with a mask on, that is proven to contain the virus, outside of the hospital?

If you want to make grandiose statements about value of community over value of individualism, then please support such statements with facts.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    1609271003436.png

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Nope.
    Only when go in a business that has a silly mask requirement

My business I do not have sign up and you are free to enter with or without.

Either way I aint getting that close to you while your here.

Been working every day since the start of this plandemic no mask no special cleaning disinfecting in my business.

bcb5d8bce24300922bb5cccdc2f1d329.jpg

Top Bottom