• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Equipment repair. Lspp/service dept there. My territory is garden ridge, cibolo, schertz. Used to do bulverde up to marble falls. Done a bunch in stone oak and shavano too.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    If it freezes down here (which happens from time to time) I open everything up and let her run.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Always had a pool back in Fla before moving to Tx. Miss em too! Never had a problem keeping the water sparkling clean. If your getting algae in the summer, add some copper solution. Algae can't grow with copper in the water. But be careful, it can stain the finish.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    There's not much in the way of copper based algaecides I would recommend. We do see a product called algae-tek. It is a pretty good chemical as it kills a broad spectrum of algae as opposed to green or yellow algae treatments.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    And where might one get that? We've got a Leslie's here in town and whenever I'm going in there, I feel my asshole being spreaded wider.

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Have a pool I need to get going in the spring. Wouldn't mind picking your brain, but I ain't messing with till spring time.
    The water is really green unsure if it's salvageable and I know the pump on it's way out because it's making a loud noise when turned.

Maybe you can recommend somebody to take a look at it. I'll holler at you in a month or so.

Thanks

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    And where might one get that? We've got a Leslie's here in town and whenever I'm going in there, I feel my $#@! being spreaded wider.
    Ya, I'd steer clear of those guys. Best bet, look online. That or when you need some you can order it from the Keith zars website and as long as the order is over $65 we will deliver. We have a guy up in that area frequent enough.
    Have a pool I need to get going in the spring. Wouldn't mind picking your brain, but I ain't messing with till spring time.
    The water is really green unsure if it's salvageable and I know the pump on it's way out because it's making a loud noise when turned.

Maybe you can recommend somebody to take a look at it. I'll holler at you in a month or so.

Thanks
    No problem. Whenever you're ready find me here. Or, Pm me and I'll give you my contact info. I'll be happy to help out if I can or at least direct you to someone who can.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I use to get my pool chemicals for a Pinch a Penny back in Fla. Don't think they have them in Tx. I don't recall the name of the product. Only that it contained copper, added to the deep end of the pool and you could swim 15 mins after treating the pool. I would add it every two weeks. That with weekly shocks of the pool and keeping the chemicals properly balanced and I never had much of a problem keeping my pool sparkling clean. I usual had Pinch a Penny test my water monthly in the summer. Other than having the water tested, keeping the pool clean took 15-30 minutes a week. Easy. But you have to keep to a regular schedule.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Pools are a big waste of money any way you look at it. Electricity to run the pumps, expensive chemicals to stop algae invasions, more chemicals to "balance" the water, not to mention the time required to skim, vacuum, and back-wash.

Pools are better left to communities where more people can contribute to the maintenance costs.
    A public pool? I'd rather swim in the lake; it has less pee per cubic inch.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    A friend in Tulsa had a nice, big pool where we partied often. She estimated that it cost her $100/month for chemicals and upkeep. My concern about having a pool is about liability. Pools, bad dogs and trampolines are as bad as liability risks get.

Flash

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    A public pool? I'd rather swim in the lake; it has less pee per cubic inch.

I grew up on the lake and I would much prefer to be in lake water than public pool water.

Course, I've grown to dislike swimming altogether now.

Top Bottom