• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CAtoDFW2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2021
    California
    I'm finally making the move from Kommiefornia to Texas! Plan is to enter via I-40. I want to park my car by the side of the road and pose with a black rifle next to the "Welcome to Texas" sign:

I know that carrying a loaded rifle is legal in Texas as long as you're not using it to threaten someone. Are there any other legal concerns I should be aware of? e.g. Would I be considered disturbing the peace if drivers from blue states/cities or fudds see me and report me to the police?

I imagine that out there if I told the local police during a stop that I am moving from California and bringing all my firearms, and show them my LTC, they would be very happy. I just want to double check here to make sure.
    Capitol Armory ad

CAtoDFW2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2021
    California
    Bring the rifle.
    Leave the CA stupidity.
    And wipe your boots at the border to be sure it's all off.
    No offense but can you stop the knee-jerk comments that assume every person moving from CA is an anti-gun liberal or RINO?

I already made it clear in my post that I'm not one of those people, between owning a black rifle, "Kommiefornia", and already holding a TX LTC.

If this is how you welcome even the most pro-gun, pro-freedom transplants from blue states, maybe you're the one who needs to wipe your stupidity off your boots.

And you didn't even answer my question...

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Your LTC doesn’t mean jack shît re: non-handguns. We have no brandishing laws, but there’s disturbing the peace. Man with a gun calls can fall into disturbing the peace.

Having said that, do whatever you want to do and be prepared to suffer any consequences. That’s kind of what being an adult is all about.

CAtoDFW2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2021
    California
    > Man with a gun calls can fall into disturbing the peace.

I understand that. I've heard such reports happening in the cities.

Maybe you should post for example what kinds of interactions with police have resulted from such calls in the past, for example.

Saying "actions have consequences" without giving any clear examples isn't helpful.

I understand that LTC is for handguns. But I did learn from the LTC training that LTC shows the police that you're one of the good guys who passed training and background check, which is why I mentioned it.

I came here with good intentions. Neither response in this thread makes me want to participate in this forum any further.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Seems like you might be wearing your feelings on your sleeve.
    We speak our mind here and you are welcome to be offended.
    I did not, however, perceive ill-intent in the responses to your post.
    Be sure and post your "Entrance to Texas" photo.
    Welcome to the forum, and welcome to The Lone Star State!

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Judging by the tracks there may be a crowd but I say go for it! :green:

1631072660601.png

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Seems like you might be wearing your feelings on your sleeve.
    We speak our mind here and you are welcome to be offended.
    I did not, however, perceive ill-intent in the responses to your post.
    Be sure and post your "Entrance to Texas" photo.
    Welcome to the forum, and welcome to The Lone Star State!
    Well SOMEBODY is.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    No offense but can you stop the knee-jerk comments that assume every person moving from CA is an anti-gun liberal or RINO?

I already made it clear in my post that I'm not one of those people, between owning a black rifle, "Kommiefornia", and already holding a TX LTC.

If this is how you welcome even the most pro-gun, pro-freedom transplants from blue states, maybe you're the one who needs to wipe your stupidity off your boots.

I am curious, how did you get a TX LTC while living in California?

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    I'm finally making the move from Kommiefornia to Texas! Plan is to enter via I-40. I want to park my car by the side of the road and pose with a black rifle next to the "Welcome to Texas" sign:

I know that carrying a loaded rifle is legal in Texas as long as you're not using it to threaten someone. Are there any other legal concerns I should be aware of? e.g. Would I be considered disturbing the peace if drivers from blue states/cities or fudds see me and report me to the police?

I imagine that out there if I told the local police during a stop that I am moving from California and bringing all my firearms, and show them my LTC, they would be very happy. I just want to double check here to make sure.
    Hey CA,

Welcome to TGT.

As to posing with your rifle at the State Line....

Be prepared. Most likely there will be about two dozen "do gooders" dialing 911...

About a half a dozen of which will have taken a pic of your license plate....(there were several highly publicized shootings from highway overpasses in recent years....)

Later, Mark

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Wow. Here's a suggestion. Act like you are pro-gun, and pro-freedom and leave California behind you. Start acting like you are in Texas if you want Texans to respect you.

Just some information. The last few "transplants" from California that joined this forum, are no longer here because of stupid and trollish insults towards the other members here. They were warned, and now they are gone. The Mods and Admins ain't tolerant of it and will ban you in short order.

Nobody cares how things are done in California, or how you did things in California, and to be honest, we really don't care much for anything even associated with California. We don't live in California. We live here, in Texas, the greatest state in this country.

CAtoDFW2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2021
    California
    Wow. Here's a suggestion. Act like you are pro-gun, and pro-freedom and leave California behind you. Start acting like you are in Texas if you want Texans to respect you.

Just some information. The last few "transplants" from California that joined this forum, are no longer here because of stupid and trollish insults towards the other members here. They were warned, and now they are gone. The Mods and Admins ain't tolerant of it and will ban you in short order.

Nobody cares how things are done in California, or how you did things in California, and to be honest, we really don't care much for anything even associated with California. We don't live in California. We live here, in Texas, the greatest state in this country.
    When did I ever act the contrary? I never promoted anything about California. All I said was "Kommiefornia", which is an insult to California, not a compliment. Real Marxists and gun grabbers don't call California "Kommiefornia"...

Here is my self-introduction post to the forum, from back in April:

Please try to be less hostile to people who are trying to leave California behind and didn't even say anything about how California is superior.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom