Positive LEO Experience (Traffic Stop)

Code3GT

Jun 12, 2008
Austin
I wont mention the town/department but I had a pleasant experience with a smallish, somewhat rural city police officer this morning. I have a slightly tinted license plate cover on the rear that I just havent taken the 60 seconds to remove it (counts as an obstruction even though the plate is clearly visible). That was PC for the stop.

I gave the officer my DL and CHL to which he asked if I was carrying. I said yes, concealed in the car but not on my person. He asked me to step out (no problem), did a quick pat down and gave me a warning all the while shooting the perverbial stinky stuff for a minute.

Just another satisfied customer LOL

Fernando_Sucre

BANNED!!!
Jan 5, 2016
Fox River
I wont mention the town/department but I had a pleasant experience with a smallish, somewhat rural city police officer this morning. I have a slightly tinted license plate cover on the rear that I just havent taken the 60 seconds to remove it (counts as an obstruction even though the plate is clearly visible). That was PC for the stop.

I gave the officer my DL and CHL to which he asked if I was carrying. I said yes, concealed in the car but not on my person. He asked me to step out (no problem), did a quick pat down and gave me a warning all the while shooting the perverbial stinky stuff for a minute.

I don't know how I would feel about another dude patting me down. You should have requested a female officer. Preferably a hot one.

Charlie

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 19, 2008
Kerr County
ALL of my experiences with police officers (over a period of 55 years of driving) have been positive. Maybe I grew up in nice places or maybe I just said the right things, not sure. I never got a traffic citation I didn't deserve and got "let off" several times when I did deserve one. Last one was at least 24 yrs. ago.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
May 28, 2008
Ft Worth, TX
ALL of my experiences with police officers (over a period of 55 years of driving) have been positive. Maybe I grew up in nice places or maybe I just said the right things, not sure. I never got a traffic citation I didn't deserve and got "let off" several times when I did deserve one. Last one was at least 24 yrs. ago.
Only been driving for 41 years, but same.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
Nov 27, 2013
Austin
ALL of my experiences with police officers (over a period of 55 years of driving) have been positive. Maybe I grew up in nice places or maybe I just said the right things, not sure. I never got a traffic citation I didn't deserve and got "let off" several times when I did deserve one.
Damn, you are old. Also, ditto on all counts in the quote for me as well.

locke_n_load

Well-Known
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

The pat down part was stupid... You are a CHL holder (one of the most law abiding groups in the state) and you already stated you had a firearm with you. There was no reason for that.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member