• ...and so much more!
  • kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I'd rather just turn off the news for three days and see how this ends up. Everything now is pure speculation and news conjecturing.

We may never know what really happens. What may come out are some very good videos as this was close to the finish line.

Prayers out to the victims of this terrorism act. Now let's not let them win by further restricting our rights.
    this
    DK Firearms

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Can't confirm because that's beyond the scope of my chemical knowledge, even with my degree, go figure.

Some of these photos are heart breaking. Lightly reporting that there may have been ball bearings involved in the explosions too. Hopefully over the next few days we'll find out more.
    Sugar and potassium nitrate. Model rocket fuel.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Looking at some of the pictures that have been posted all over the net and a couple of the videos it looks at least one (the only one i have seen video of) was in a small bag, maybe backpack size. Judging by the size of the blast, the fireball and the smoke output there had to be some kind of shrapnel added to it. The blast alone would not of caused those injuries. It looks like some kind of homemade Potassium Nitrate (KNO3) bomb. I have seen smoke bombs made out of KNO3 go off like that when not made properly which is why im saying KNO3.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Let me be the first to call for extended background checks for bomb owners. Limit the amount in potassium nitrate a person can have at once. Additional tax on ball bearings. Mandatory placement of "no bomb zone" signs at all future events....

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Is that the controlled explosion of a third device they did or another one all together?

This is not the controlled explosions, there have been a few of those. PD is reporting that they are sill finding secondary devises and detonating them in place. The one in the library is said to have been an incendiary device that started a fire.

fgarcia3441

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    SA (Sea World Area)
    Spanish news had an expert and he said this could had been done by a lonewolf attacker with low yield devices but could not rule out internal or external terrorist due to the publicity.

Top Bottom