• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I finally rode a Harley, first time in my life, at the Moto GP races last weekend. Harley had a tent setup with a bunch of bikes, so we signed up for test rides. All you needed was a motorcycle endorsement on your license and you're good to go. They even had a rack of helmets for you to borrow.
    Capitol Armory ad

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I finally rode a Harley, first time in my life, at the Moto GP races last weekend. Harley had a tent setup with a bunch of bikes, so we signed up for test rides. All you needed was a motorcycle endorsement on your license and you're good to go. They even had a rack of helmets for you to borrow.
    Dude! That’s like telling a joke without the punch line. You gotta tell us what you thought, how it rode, how many times it broke down on the track.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    As requested. The day after I bought it, used 25k mi. Now has highway pegs, about only change.
    2005 Dyna Super Glide FI

Attachments

• IMG_0084.JPG
      IMG_0084.JPG
      714.7 KB · Views: 376

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Dude! That’s like telling a joke without the punch line. You gotta tell us what you thought, how it rode, how many times it broke down on the track.
    Well, I actually rode two bikes. First up was a 2019 pre-release Breakout. Very nice ride, comfortable, adequate power but certainly not sportbike fast. We didn't to track the bike, the ride was on the public roads immediately surrounding the track. A somewhat short loop, but a mix of back country roads and rural highway. I could see myself riding it, were it not for the price ($18,9xx I think he quoted). It didn't break down, and I didn't see any oil on the ground ;) Second bike the Harley guys insisted I ride, called Fat Bob. It was ok, but I liked the Breakout more. It was stiffer but still rode fine, but to me a bit less attractive than the Breakout.

Edit. Here's a pic of the Breakout I rode. Fat Bob is also in the shot but obscured by the dude in the olive jacket.
    rv1REEz.jpg

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    Cool!

That 4BT backed by an NV4500 or something similar?

If you’re going analog, may as well row gears too.

I helped a buddy a little to put one in his 68 Bronco. Backed it with an NP435 and a D20. It was a crawling machine.

That stretched early CJ is pretty rad too.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Last edited:

Landrover

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2017
    New York
    That 4bt came out of a industrial water pump. I had to put a automotive fuel pump on it. The injectors are 20 over and the turbo is bigger. It is pushing 250 horse . That tranny is a 700R4 built for it and a N205 transfer case

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Well, I actually rode two bikes. First up was a 2019 pre-release Breakout. Very nice ride, comfortable, adequate power but certainly not sportbike fast. We didn't to track the bike, the ride was on the public roads immediately surrounding the track. A somewhat short loop, but a mix of back country roads and rural highway. I could see myself riding it, were it not for the price ($18,9xx I think he quoted). It didn't break down, and I didn't see any oil on the ground ;) Second bike the Harley guys insisted I ride, called Fat Bob. It was ok, but I liked the Breakout more. It was stiffer but still rode fine, but to me a bit less attractive than the Breakout.

Edit. Here's a pic of the Breakout I rode. Fat Bob is also in the shot but obscured by the dude in the olive jacket.
    View attachment 137006
    Almost 19k for a basic cruiser. That's nuts. Just my opinion. Looks nice though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Doesn't the "Z" add about $30,000 to the base coupe? With a specific engine and a transmission located in the back axle that won't fit anything else but the corvette?

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Doesn't the "Z" add about $30,000 to the base coupe? With a specific engine and a transmission located in the back axle that won't fit anything else but the corvette?
    On the C5 the ZO6 has a fixed roof and a LS6 which is a head and cam upgrade to an LS1. I dont think it was $30,000 back then, but the ZO6 now I'm sure is. No difference in transmission location between the C5zO6 and base model C5, but they are back towards the rear for weight distribution.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    My new project. 1998 C5 Corvette 6 speed. It needs some love, but will be road worthy soon. I had a poster of this car on my wall as a kid in 1998. So happy to have one 20 years later. A dream complete really.
    View attachment 142889 View attachment 142890
    Looks like it's in great shape already. It can't need too much to get it roadworthy.

What are your plans?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    That I cannot say, but there were a lot of differences in the drive line and suspension. My 6 sp was a Tremec and not the GM offering. I can tell you it was WICKED fast and I driven fast cars my entire life, first thing on my option list is the engine and I want all the HP/Torque that money will buy and I run a custom built Valentine 1 radar detector by Bill Valentine himself. I called him up and told him what I wanted and he said I will build you one, it will take longer for you to get it, about 6 weeks for the build and the extra testing. When I was dating my wife, I drove Dallas to Miami and averaged right at 83 mph avg speed, so you can imagine how fast I was running. My Valentine 1 has never let me down, never got a ticket when I was using it.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Every 6 speed in the C5 (and C6, and C7) has always been a Tremec. Well, maybe some early '97's still had them labelled Borg Warner, but they're the exact same box. BW designed it. The C5 used the T56, a VERY solid box shared among a lot of other higher horsepower cars (Camaro, Viper, etc.). Some small issues were mostly corrected and it became the TR6060, being a slightly stronger, smoother, and easier to shift transmission. These arrived with the '08 Vette and are still used in many cars today. The C7 then moved to the 7 speed TR6070, again a Tremec box.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Looks like it's in great shape already. It can't need too much to get it roadworthy.

What are your plans?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It has a cam and some other performance mods already. Really could use a tune. Idles a little high. Also need some rear tires. They are still in great shape, but several years old. Just want to replace them for peace of mind. Interior could use a little help also. Nothing major just a few little things.

Top Bottom