• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fast Frank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Houston (Woodlands)
    O.K., I owe you an apology.

I was quite convinced you were confused.

I have a New Model and a Three Screw over here I can fondle.

20160517_232138_zpsaapnd7mq.jpg

On both guns the .22LR cylinders are fluted and the .22Mag cylinders are not.

I had never seen nor heard of a fluted .22Mag cylinder on a Single Six.

So I looked it up on google. Guess what... Yup! Just because I never saw it and never heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Here's an example-

https://www.joesalter.com/category/...Revolver-Convertible-22LR-and-22Mag-Cylinders

That's a nice example, too. He wants 475 for it. (Too much if you ask me)
    Lynx Defense

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    This is the second one I've seen in a month. Not sure if is going to sell it though. It would be nice to have a pair.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Nice. One of those GSGs is on my short list.

from an idgit coffeeholic

I love the thing. EVERYONE loves to shoot the thing. It's just the cost of 22 have gone through the roof.

If it has a weak spot, it's that rubber / teflon bushing buffer thing in there. I did manage to wear that out but it's cheap and easy to replace and it's easy to get. I went ahead and bought 2 or 3, I don't remember, but I've only replaced one so far. I took thousands and thousands of rounds to wear that out. I'm not sure, never counted them all.

Last edited:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Nice. I love old .22's. Interestingly, I saw one of those for sale at Cabelas in Buda today. It was pretty rough - bluing mostly gone. I think they wanted $399 for it - not that you would sell it, but I thought you might be interested.

Dr_Nimslow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    CZ 452 Scout that I got many years ago for my oldest. When our daughter is ready, I'll probably do the stock in pink or something.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    The rifle does not like 30 gr. ammo...shoots 40 gr flawlessly...the only complaint thus far is the magazine release.......the heel of my hand keeps releasing it...on both the rifle and pistol.

Accuracy is good enough, but I've only shot them at 25 yards....will go with a small lightweight site like a Burris Fast Fire or RMR for the rifle....Haven't attached my Ruger Silent SR suppressor to the rifle yet.....might do it today for kicks...my YHM Phantom will probably be more effective though....

Last edited:

hoothrewpoo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Dripping Springs
    My CMR-30 has functioned flawlessly both suppressed and unsupressed with 30gr VMAX. I've fired CCI MaxiMag 40gr (TMJ and HP), Speer Gold Dot 40gr SB and Federal Game-Shok 50gr through mine - hasn't missed a beat. My PMR-30 has been the same.

I've purchased about 800 rounds of .22WMR locally in the past 2-3 months. GT Distributors almost always has it. Dick's Sporting Goods and Wal-Mart have it more than half of the time I go.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Got back to my childhood home over Christmas where my very 1st firearm resides. Bought it used for $5 from my uncle in 1956. Dad made me pay for it so it would be mine. (& I was rich - having just sold a show lamb). Winchester 67A. bolt action single shot .22 LR. No serial number. Not maintained very well over the past 60ish years.
    Win .22 67A 1 50%.jpg Win .22 67A 2 50%.jpg Win .22 67A 3 50%.jpg

Top Bottom