• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    That’s a cool looking 19 however the revolver is pretty dang sweet. If you don’t shoot it that’d be a great wall hanger in a classy engraved leather belt an holster.

I’ll definitely be shooting it but it can still find a place on my wall with a nice leather belt and holster. In fact that’ll be the first thing I’ll get for it besides ammo of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    With the way Biden's economy is going it may be wise to save the $$$ for a little while.
    Guns are like a night out on the town drinking.
    One is too many and twenty is not enough.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Hey northern Texans.

So my birthday is coming up in the beginning of July and I’m scouting out my first official birthday gun. Right now I’m between the firearms pictured below. One is a Glock 19 Gen5 (I know, ew) but with a neat custom Texas engraved and cerakoted finish. Since this is our first year in Texas I figured it could be a cool way to commemorate. This would also be a bit on the more practical side as I’d like to have something with cheap, easy to find parts and mags eventually anyway and Glock fits that bill. $599

Option #2 would be the Cimarron Bad Boy 44mag single action in either 6 or 8”. No practical use whatsoever but I want a single action as well, and damn this would fit that slot and then some. I guess I’ve been watching too many westerns lately. The Cimarron would be a little more expensive than the Glock but not by much. $708

What say you?

03944db8cf9ebc99603585b515b0046f.jpg

5c711795060e4c592ff5c17d45a4f1bf.jpg

<>

Welcome to Texas & to the South.

What do you want to do with a gun?

Do you have other guns to fit your needs?

Who else besides you would use the new gun?

If you intend to buy as your first or only gun; get the GLOCK, no doubt. If you need a carry piece, get the GLOCK. For protecting your home, GLOCK.

Some here dislike GLOCKS; but there are plenty valid reasons that GLOCK remains so popular.

And, the G19 has long been the most popular & adaptable GLOCK.

leVieux

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    <>

If you intend to buy as your first or only gun; get the GLOCK, no doubt. If you need a carry piece, get the GLOCK. For protecting your home, GLOCK.

Some here dislike GLOCKS; but there are plenty valid reasons that GLOCK remains so popular.

leVieux
    Replace all them glocks with Cz an you maybe on to something.
    1685985940686.gif

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    <>

leVieux

Moonpie hacked your account, didn't he?....

Chewbacca7685

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    With the way Biden's economy is going it may be wise to save the $$$ for a little while.
    Guns are like a night out on the town drinking.
    One is too many and twenty is not enough.

The way bidens economy is going is what’s getting me into mild prepping lol. But this isn’t related. We’ve been saving 3/4 of every paycheck for the last couple months to pay off a truck a friend is selling me. So my birthday now coincides with the first full paycheck we’ll have had in 3.5 months. We’re going to have some fun this summer and grab a few more basic guns, 5.56, 308 and maybe a 357 revolver and wheel gun at some point and stock up on ammo, then go back to being fiscally conservative towards the end of the year.

The way I see it, next year being a presidential election year is going to be a shitshow like it always is and prices will go up. So this year we’re going to fortify.

Chewbacca7685

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    <>

leVieux

I will get a Glock at some point to have just for utilitarian purposes. When my bases are covered and I run into a cheap LE trade in or something probably in the next few months. Hell, AIM has gen5 trade ins right now for like $400. I’m almost tempted to grab one just to keep a few extra bucks in my pocket for ammo and parts for my 5.56 build. But this time I want to have some fun and remember why I’m now in Texas.

I currently carry a little Taurus G2C which I’ve been a fan of and has been reliable. That said, I’ll be upgrading soon. Maybe to a Glock. Not a big fan of the M&P series and I haven’t had much experience with the sigs. May go 1911 even. I have a 9mm AR platform that I keep ready for HD. We have a 22 single action revolver and a 22 semi auto rifle both to teach the wife how to shoot and have some cheap fun. Before the summer is over I want to finish my 5.56, get or build a 308 and get the wife her Canik for her birthday at the end of July.

I used to carry a 21 in Virginia. Great utilitarian gun. But I think we may be going the way of the Canik Mete series. Well featured, good price, good trigger.

The only gun that would be in the house that the wife can’t shoot would be the big iron if I get it. And at this point I probably will. Trust me, the practical side of my brain is fighting me a bit. But the other side is like “hey, isn’t everything bigger in Texas?”

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    The way bidens economy is going is what’s getting me into mild prepping lol. But this isn’t related. We’ve been saving 3/4 of every paycheck for the last couple months to pay off a truck a friend is selling me. So my birthday now coincides with the first full paycheck we’ll have had in 3.5 months. We’re going to have some fun this summer and grab a few more basic guns, 5.56, 308 and maybe a 357 revolver and wheel gun at some point and stock up on ammo, then go back to being fiscally conservative towards the end of the year.

The way I see it, next year being a presidential election year is going to be a shitshow like it always is and prices will go up. So this year we’re going to fortify.

I agree with you I’ve started to slim down caliber wise what I’m shooting every range trip and stock piling. For example normal range trip it 200 9mm or 200 45, an 40-60 556/223.

Now I take 200 pistol caliber shoot 150 most of the time a save a box, rifle I started using a .22 conversion just to maintain how I work the gun. Still buying all my calibers an it’s really starting to add up.

Chewbacca7685

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    I agree with you I’ve started to slim down caliber wise what I’m shooting every range trip and stock piling. For example normal range trip it 200 9mm or 200 45, an 40-60 556/223.

Now I take 200 pistol caliber shoot 150 most of the time a save a box, rifle I started using a .22 conversion just to maintain how I work the gun. Still buying all my calibers an it’s really starting to add up.

Yea i got some advice from someone who said at the very least just buy a box or so of whatever ammo you’re lowest on every check. $26-$35 for 100rds of 9mm is always affordable. If nothing else a 50rd box is like $14. I’ve scrounged up about 500rds that way over the last couple months so far. But I haven’t gotten to do much shooting either. But in a couple weeks when we can go back to shooting regularly, buying ammo shouldn’t be an issue.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Shorter barrels balance and handle better.

I think 4-5" on a revolver is just about perfect

I am in this camp too, except on 44mag. I prefer a 6" barrel on 44 mag pistols. I think that GLock is really cool. But agree with most that you likely wouldn't shoot that Glock so as to not mess it up. The 44 gets my vote due to the fact you would shoot it more.

You can load 44 mag lead rounds fairly inexpensively.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I am in this camp too, except on 44mag. I prefer a 6" barrel on 44 mag pistols. I think that GLock is really cool. But agree with most that you likely wouldn't shoot that Glock so as to not mess it up. The 44 gets my vote due to the fact you would shoot it more.

I wouldn't shoot that glock because I wouldn't want to be seen in public with it

Chewbacca7685

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission

I’m going to have to lookup a starter reloader kit or something. I’d really like to get into reloading anyway but my space is pretty limited. I figure it wouldn’t be much of a big deal though if I’m just reloading like 44 and maybe 308.

t-astragal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2015
    College Station
    I’m going to have to lookup a starter reloader kit or something. I’d really like to get into reloading anyway but my space is pretty limited. I figure it wouldn’t be much of a big deal though if I’m just reloading like 44 and maybe 308.

I just bought 1000 new Star Line brass for less than random once fired. $217. Powder was high. 20c per load. Primers, I had them but count on $100/1000. Bullets, for full power I want jacketed. Zero has the best prices. $200/1000.

Total 72c per round, 50c on second loading.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Grendor
    Top Bottom