• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    I'm not necessarily a Glock fan nor a hater and honestly don't get all the hate. I own a couple and both are unbelievably reliable and fairly accurate. Basically utilitarian with not much sexy.

And given the choices you mention, I'd definitely go with the Glock, but just because any gun I purchase has to have a somewhat distinct and underlying purpose even if it's a bit of a novelty. Just my thoughts.
    Guns International

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    I just bought 1000 new Star Line brass for less than random once fired. $217. Powder was high. 20c per load. Primers, I had them but count on $100/1000. Bullets, for full power I want jacketed. Zero has the best prices. $200/1000.

Total 72c per round, 50c on second loading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya know I did pretty much this exact calculation last night and it would definitely be worth it at those numbers. Now I just need to price out the equipment and make sure I get everything I need when I figure out what exactly that is lol. I saw press setups for just under 400 when randomly googling. I have yet to do all of my research into that though. I’ll have to go browse the reloading threads.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2022
    Austin
    Two very good guns. I have owned them both and shot both of them. Great for self-defense. Taurus GX4 modded with new recoil spring, stainless striker guide and night sights (Glock night sights fit this gun). Or, Springfield Hellcat (regular). Changed the striker guide and recoil spring. Both excellent for compactness and round count.

Attachments

• TaurusGX4-1.jpg
      TaurusGX4-1.jpg
      324.8 KB · Views: 33
    • Hellcat-1.jpg
      Hellcat-1.jpg
      377.3 KB · Views: 39

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    The only difference between a 44 magnum mentioned and the semi auto is the size of the toys. Some just like to have the toy go "boom" in their hand....

CdnPlinkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey northern Texans.

So my birthday is coming up in the beginning of July and I’m scouting out my first official birthday gun. Right now I’m between the firearms pictured below. One is a Glock 19 Gen5 (I know, ew) but with a neat custom Texas engraved and cerakoted finish. Since this is our first year in Texas I figured it could be a cool way to commemorate. This would also be a bit on the more practical side as I’d like to have something with cheap, easy to find parts and mags eventually anyway and Glock fits that bill. $599

Option #2 would be the Cimarron Bad Boy 44mag single action in either 6 or 8”. No practical use whatsoever but I want a single action as well, and damn this would fit that slot and then some. I guess I’ve been watching too many westerns lately. The Cimarron would be a little more expensive than the Glock but not by much. $708

What say you?

03944db8cf9ebc99603585b515b0046f.jpg

5c711795060e4c592ff5c17d45a4f1bf.jpg

both.png

Two Gun Bob

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2022
    DFW
    That Cimarron needs to stretch it's legs but good luck getting a public range that lets you shoot anywhere other than the filthy handgun peasant lanes. I don't care for Glocks but they are reliable, consistent and priced right for what they are.

To answer your question sounds like you need to get both just to cover all bases.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I love the plastic fantastics, they are mostly what I shoot, but I just find it odd when someone turns one into an "art" piece.
    Agreed.
    Engravings on a Glock is sort of like graffiti on a rail car. Sometimes you have to admire the talent it took to make it, but I really don't want it or the rail car.

Chewbacca7685

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    I gotta say, I’m glad I didn’t get that Glock lol. Though I did end up getting a Glock anyway but I went with practicality and versatility for now and I’m glad I did. I was not very satisfied with my carry gun at the time so upgrading that became my first priority. That said, that 44 is still on the list for my next “I just made a bunch of extra money from a side job” gun. Or Christmas. But hopefully before then. I’m itching for a big bore.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I will get a Glock at some point to have just for utilitarian purposes. When my bases are covered and I run into a cheap LE trade in or something probably in the next few months. Hell, AIM has gen5 trade ins right now for like $400. I’m almost tempted to grab one just to keep a few extra bucks in my pocket for ammo and parts for my 5.56 build. But this time I want to have some fun and remember why I’m now in Texas.

I currently carry a little Taurus G2C which I’ve been a fan of and has been reliable. That said, I’ll be upgrading soon. Maybe to a Glock. Not a big fan of the M&P series and I haven’t had much experience with the sigs. May go 1911 even. I have a 9mm AR platform that I keep ready for HD. We have a 22 single action revolver and a 22 semi auto rifle both to teach the wife how to shoot and have some cheap fun. Before the summer is over I want to finish my 5.56, get or build a 308 and get the wife her Canik for her birthday at the end of July.

I used to carry a 21 in Virginia. Great utilitarian gun. But I think we may be going the way of the Canik Mete series. Well featured, good price, good trigger.

The only gun that would be in the house that the wife can’t shoot would be the big iron if I get it. And at this point I probably will. Trust me, the practical side of my brain is fighting me a bit. But the other side is like “hey, isn’t everything bigger in Texas?”

<>

That’s fine.

I sometimes carry a Taurus compact myself.

<>

Chewbacca7685

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    That Cimarron needs to stretch it's legs but good luck getting a public range that lets you shoot anywhere other than the filthy handgun peasant lanes. I don't care for Glocks but they are reliable, consistent and priced right for what they are.

To answer your question sounds like you need to get both just to cover all bases.

The range that I’m a member of let’s you shoot handguns up to the 50 bay so that’s ok. The 100 yard is rifles only and 100yd targets only since you don’t get the whole bay to yourself like the others.

And you’re right. I ended up getting a Glock 19x, (not one with the lipstick lol) and this Cimarron will be coming soon.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Get the Glock.

No, it's not pretty like the big ole hog-leg, but it's very efficient and dependable.

Later, when funds are available, get you the 'big ole hog-leg.'

Top Bottom