• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikePotts

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Remember your "Ronin" - "the whys don't matter" :)

However, this is their explanation:

Join the NRA at this link.
    Premier Gun Shows – San Antonio Gun Show
    We regret to announce that we have cancelled the San Antonio Gun Show scheduled for January 10 & 11 at the San Antonio Shrine Auditorium. While the venue has a history of gun shows we felt it was not large enough to accommodate our vendor base and produce a quality show that the public expects.
    We hope to return to the San Antonio area in a new location and are working to that goal. In the meantime please consider our shows at the Cedar Park Center in the northwest Austin area. We have a show scheduled there on August 22 & 23 and are working with the building on a May date.
    We will send an email update with any news on a San Antonio show and with more information on our Cedar Park-Austin schedule.
    Thank you

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Am I the only person pissed about the fact that gunshows keep getting wiped off the map with little to no resistance from the gun community!?

sent from wait...where am I!?

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Balderdash!

The "Premier" show never had local vendors, except for some snake oil salesmen.

I would venture to say they could not sell enough tables to their out of town vendors. The gun show makes money on tables sold.

We will spend big bucks at a T-I-T-T-Y bar, but we surely don't want to pay more for a gun or ammo we could buy at Academy or at Wal Mart or on-line.

We might be ignorant, but we ain't stoopid!

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    First, this was announced back on 18 December...

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/san-antonio/62858-2015-premier-san-antonio-gun-shows.html

Secondly, per Premier, "While the venue has a history of gun shows we felt it was not large enough to accommodate our vendor base and produce a quality show that the public expects."

Having gone to shows at that location, I can attest to that statement. TGS had shows there and the only reason some of us were happy about the decision to move there was because it was better than no show at all!

Thirdly, the accusation of not having any local vendor is far from the truth. There were plenty of vendors from the San Antonio area. Maybe not as many as SAXET, but still enough. And the fact that they weren't all the same local vendors as SAXET was a plus for the show.

Fourthly, Premier has treated many people on here really well at their shows. They regularly gave the TGT crowd free entry to the show. I don't remember SAXET, Liberty or anyone else ever doing that. They also gave many of us passes to share with others. Premier gave up a lot of entry fees in an attempt to get more people to their shows, the same way they paid for parting at the Expo Center to do the same.

So for most of us, this is sad news. Premier gave us the VIP treatment and their shows were the best in the area. Hopefully they will find a suitable venue soon. They are working very hard to put on the best gun show in the area and deserve our support. Tim, Michelle and the rest of the Premier crew are some of the nicest people you could meet. They also set the bar as for how gun shows should be run. Wider aisles, ATMs and free parking at three examples of how they upped the ante as compared to SAXET. That show might be a few bucks cheaper, but having to pay to park in a mud pit like it was this weekend, then having missing vendors and the same crowded aisles as ever really shows how much better Premier events are. Losing their show will do no one any favors...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Once again, this show has not "bitten the dust," it is just on hold until a suitable venue can be found.

I just spoke with Tim and Michelle last week, and they are continuing their search for a adequate location (which the Shrine Auditorium was not).

They do intend to return, and hopefully that will be the case very soon!

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    ya funny shortround, like you're the expert in this subject matter. every 9 out of 10 threads you dig into GS and GS vendors. PS, there's LOTS of local vendors at these shows, get a clue and really attend one without doing a 4 second drive by each table looking for overpriced 22lr (which you go on and on about endlessly). There are some good deals to be had, some friends to be made, and best of all, you can fondle your next gun purchase in person if you wish vs getting something random shipped to you. You can also save big on avoiding hazmat shipping fees for those hard to find reloading items.

We all hope this quality show returns to the SA show. No one reading posts about SA area GS should read what shorty says about GS because he's extremely biased.

Last edited:

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    The two promoters I work with price the table rental to cover the venue costs ... hall rental, liability insurance, security, advertising.
    The gate pays for employees working the show. What's left is the profit.

The crowd of promoters and venues is thick. Market saturation will drive many shows to close the doors.

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    What venues are currently out there in the SA market that would be large enough to accomodate this show???? I'm running through the possibilities, and the pickins' seem really slim.

Was there ever one done downtown in any of the convention center halls????

Thoughts?????

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Many years ago there were gun shows downtown. Talking like a couple decades or more.

I would think parking (fees) and traffic would be big negatives to a downtown venue. The ATT center was close enough to downtown, a short 10 min drive. Many a person I've heard remark was very disappointed the 1604 show didn't pull thru, i.e. something on the north side.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    ya funny shortround, like you're the expert in this subject matter. every 9 out of 10 threads you dig into GS and GS vendors. PS, there's LOTS of local vendors at these shows, get a clue and really attend one without doing a 4 second drive by each table looking for overpriced 22lr (which you go on and on about endlessly). There are some good deals to be had, some friends to be made, and best of all, you can fondle your next gun purchase in person if you wish vs getting something random shipped to you. You can also save big on avoiding hazmat shipping fees for those hard to find reloading items.

We all hope this quality show returns to the SA show. No one reading posts about SA area GS should read what shorty says about GS because he's extremely biased.

Don't bother...He never replies when he is called out.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Don't bother...He never replies when he is called out.
    ya I've seen it before. Thing is, BS like that can affect the future, so it has to be done. Want a CMC trigger for less than online? Want a toolcraft BCG for less than online ?!? sure, go to the GS. Want a sweet deal on those little parts (like three ejection port covers, rods, clips and springs) your missing for your build where you'd get killed in online shipping? Sure, go to the GS. But heck, 22lr @ 0.10 cents per round because some neckbeard went to walfart and is reselling it ? ...OMG OMG OMG. shitteh GS!!! shiteh vendors !!! shiteh buizness !!!!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    What venues are currently out there in the SA market that would be large enough to accomodate this show???? I'm running through the possibilities, and the pickins' seem really slim.

Was there ever one done downtown in any of the convention center halls????

Thoughts?????

Been trying to run down a good location for Premier. They even have checked Pedrotti Ranch in Helotes but I told them I believe it is even smaller than the Alzafar and lighting there was horrible. I suggested looking into the new Norris Conference Centers at Park North Shopping Center (Loop 410 at Blanco Rd.) and a place over on Austin Highway but the latter doesn't look to be open any more. :(

If anyone has any suggestions, I'll be more than happy to pass them on to Tim & Michelle. There really aren't as many venues as one might think, and the other requirements such as good lighting (which is what killed Pedrotti Ranch if you ask me) and parking make it even tougher. They won't even consider the SA Event Center where SAXET is held as 1) it probably wouldn't be well-attended) and 2) they don't want to directly compete with SAXET. I think the northern side of SA would be better, as a location Alzafar was a good choice but as a venue it was pretty limited.

It's all just a matter of finding the right place, folks!

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Any of the barns where they hold livestock shows on the North side? - Boerne, Leon Springs etc?

Maybe if they had concrete floors, solid walls and adequate lighting; but none of the livestock venues I've ever been to have seemed suitable for a gun show.

And I am pretty sure Premier wants to stay within the San Antonio city limits. The problem with going too far north/west on IH-10 means you isolate many of the folks on the south side of town.

Honestly, I would say any place up along the northern section of 1604 would be ideal...

Top Bottom