• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erratadata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    Maybe if they had concrete floors, solid walls and adequate lighting; but none of the livestock venues I've ever been to have seemed suitable for a gun show.

And I am pretty sure Premier wants to stay within the San Antonio city limits. The problem with going too far north/west on IH-10 means you isolate many of the folks on the south side of town.

Honestly, I would say any place up along the northern section of 1604 would be ideal...

Well that sucks! I put in for the day off way back when they left the Freeman, and was planning on going for sure. I haven't been on the forum much lately, so I just logged on to see where we were meeting for breakfast.
    Venture Surplus ad

erratadata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    Maybe if they had concrete floors, solid walls and adequate lighting; but none of the livestock venues I've ever been to have seemed suitable for a gun show.

And I am pretty sure Premier wants to stay within the San Antonio city limits. The problem with going too far north/west on IH-10 means you isolate many of the folks on the south side of town.

Honestly, I would say any place up along the northern section of 1604 would be ideal...

What kind of square footage do they need Mike?

DarkwingDuck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    If anyone has any suggestions, I'll be more than happy to pass them on to Tim & Michelle. There really aren't as many venues as one might think, and the other requirements such as good lighting (which is what killed Pedrotti Ranch if you ask me) and parking make it even tougher.
    I think the northern side of SA would be better, as a location Alzafar was a good choice but as a venue it was pretty limited.
    Venues at Valero, The Vista
    1 Valero Way
    San Antonio, TX 78249
    http://www.venuesatvalero.com/theVista.html

The space is advertised as holding 2000 people. Looks to have large windows plus great overhead lighting. According to the VisitSanAntonio.com page, the largest meeting room at Venues at Valero -- The Vista -- may be around 63,000 sq feet which is just under half the size of Expo Hall.

http://meetings.visitsanantonio.com/Facilities-Venues/Venues/Venues-at-Valero

I've not been there. The above info comes from the interwebz.

DWD

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    What kind of square footage do they need Mike?

Bill, while I doubt they can find anyplace as large as the Expo Hall; something at least as large and as well lite as the SA Event Center would be the minimum.

And sorry about the late notice. Many of us were disappointed! :(

DarkwingDuck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    I'm actually going to be over that way tomorrow, I'll have to check it out.

JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country
    23808 Resort Parkway
    San Antonio, TX 78261

There is the relatively new Nelson Wolff Exhibit Ballroom at the JW Marriott. It's north of 1604 on 281. The Nelson Wolff is 40,000 sq feet, with high ceilings, good lighting and plenty of parking. Adding the Grand Oaks ballroom adds another 40,000 sq feet and the Cibolo Canyon ballroom across the hall adds another 20,000 sq for a total of 100,000 sq feet.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/even...iott-san-antonio-hill-country-resort-and-spa/
    http://www.marriott.com/hotelwebsit...f/JW Marriott San Antonio Preview Planner.pdf

DWD

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Thanks, DWD, I talked to an event planner at Valero this morning and passed his info to the folks at Premier. I also gave them the info for the JW Marriott location.

Cheers! M2

DarkwingDuck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Thanks, DWD, I talked to an event planner at Valero this morning and passed his info to the folks at Premier. I also gave them the info for the JW Marriott location.

Cheers! M2
    Not sure my suggestions will make the cut, but if they eventually lead to a Premier Gun Show somewhere in San Antonio, all is good!

DWD

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Not sure my suggestions will make the cut, but if they eventually lead to a Premier Gun Show somewhere in San Antonio, all is good!

DWD

Brother Duck, you have found two potential sites for which I am very grateful. When the Premier comes back to town, I will buy you breakfast beforehand!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Great news! The Premier Gun Show is returning to San Antonio!

And, would you believe it, the location is back to the Freeman Expo Hall!

The first date will be May 30-31, and there will be subsequent shows in July, October and December.

Parking will $7, but show entry will only be $5 per person (so cram as many people you can into your car!)

More information will be put out on the Premier Gun Show website (below), in the mean time mark you calendars and we'll start making plans for breakfast!

Welcome to Premier Gun Shows

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Greg, have you ever looked around San Antonio for such venues? I did, and suggested several locations but all had their issues. In the end it appears Premier is taking a hit on the parking but are trying to alleviate the cost by lowering the entry fee just so they could come back to this market. I will tell ya that the show wasn't a huge profit-maker for Premier but we are getting a second chance to make it a success for all involved. There is no doubt that this is the best show in the area, and every effort should be made to make the most of this opportunity. I don't know about everyone else, but I have missed this show badly and while SAXET is "mejor que nada" it never came close to being as good as the Premier event.

So tell your friends and tell them to tell their friends, we need to do everything within our power to make this show a big success for all involved; as if it every goes away again, I don't think we'll be see it return like it did this time...

Cheers! M2

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Greg, have you ever looked around San Antonio for such venues? I did, and suggested several locations but all had their issues.
    yeah, I sure have. I just cant believe that there was no other place that was willing to house the show. It is what it is. Like any & all shows they will make it or they wont. The fact that they were gone for so long may have opened some eyes as to how much better their shows were (vendor wise). As long as the number of vendors stays up, it will do well. The last show they had here still had more vendors than the one at Cedar Park...............at least it looked that way to me. We shall see how it goes.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    E-mail from The Premier Gun Show-->

Friends,We want to update you on big news!
    THE San antonio Gun Show RETURNS!
    Freeman Coliseum Expo Hall
    3201 E. Houston
    2015 Dates:

• May 30 & 31
    • July 25 & 26
    • October 17 & 18
    • December 19 & 20
    Tables: 600 +
    Admission: $5.00 per day
    Parking: $7.00
    Show Hours: Saturday 9a to 5p, Sunday 10a to 4p
    Visit www.SanAntonioGunShow.com for more info.
    Come see us and tell all your friends!

All Roads In Texas Lead To A Premier Gun Show!

Top Bottom