Capitol Armory ad

President Trump Asks Dianne Feinstein to Add ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban to School Safety Bill

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    And I’ll remind you: the WH isn’t going to pay for the wall, Mexico is! This is one promise if he doesn’t keep, will come back to bite him in the a$$.

I knew that was BS when he said it. That promise doesn't bother me a bit if not fulfilled. The wall don't really bother me one way or the other. We really need to fix immigration laws and he put them on notice with DACA. Notice how congress is overlooking DACA. Something about a 2 second attention span. The Dims have the medias attention on 2A and hope to avoid their failures on DACA.
    Lynx Defense

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    then looked back at Feinstein and told her she should add her bill to the Manchin/Toomey bill for consideration.
    Maybe because making it more anti-gun is a sure way to kill it? A slightly anti-gun bill is likely to be passed, but one with an AWB is not.

Lol. Only thing he could do worse is not build the wall...
    I think that was an empty promise from the start. He knows congress will never approve it. The biggest problem with the wall would be after it's built anyways. It would just be a money pit of maintenance and mismanagement. It would never get policed properly and wouldn't be effective.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    And what he did was tell Feinstein to add the AWB to the Fix NICS bill. So something that we did not have to fight yesterday, we have to fight now/

Too bad the gun community did say "**** you no bump stock ban, no soup for you ever". Maybe we woulds not be here today.

I still have not seen any confirmation that he said such outside of Breitbart.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I still have not seen any confirmation that he said such outside of Breitbart.

Post 23 had video.

Funny you mention Breitbart as I also said "Any link to video of him actually saying this? Do not trust and media interpretation of what was said."

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Opra’s latest pronouncement (as of yesterday) was that if God tells her to run for president, then she will. [I’m waiting to see what The Almighty tells her to do].
    No No No--Joy Behar says you're crazy if you think The Almighty answers you back! Does this mean we might get a cat-fight between Joy Behar and Oprah? I'd pay to see that self-destructive shit . . .

bwalker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    N/W Houston
    Maybe because making it more anti-gun is a sure way to kill it? A slightly anti-gun bill is likely to be passed, but one with an AWB is not.

Exactly what I thought from the moment I heard him say it. What better way to ensure it dies than to overload it with stuff the GOP would never pass in the Senate. Also keeping the Riciprocity out of it doesn't kill that at the same time. I just hope that was his plan and that he's not abandoned the 2A.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I called the NRA today to buy my son 5 year membership
    I figured it was the best way I could show support for them since I am already a benefactor life member
    They said the phone had been ringing off the hook ever since Trump said what he did

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Saw Vaquero’s posting that alluded to that earlier. It left me with the question that if it was that obvious, I’m sure the Dems would recognize that as a block to ‘fix NICS’ passage too. (I don’t underestimate the Dems - they’re experts at playing the game to their advantage). I mainly got a kick out of Fienstein’s reaction at her perception that she now had Trump on her side. I’m still not sure what Trump’s game plan is, but I am concerned he may be relaxing his earlier strong support of the 2A.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think Trump was just up there talking and didn't really understanding a lot of what was being said.

Saw a few clips. Just my impression. "Yeah, let's take what she said and what she said and put it with the other thing. We can do that, right?"

He has a habit of saying things then later figuring out what it means before actually doing anything.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    If Trump really does go along with the grabbers he will be impeached next year when the new Congress is sworn in.

The jackass party has been clamoring for impeachment and the only thing stopping them is the GOP majority in the House. If he signs some garbage gun law and backstabs his own supporters he will gain approximately 0.0 votes from likely democrat voters, but lose votes from his former base.

If he alienates enough of the base and both the House and Senate turn over to the commies he will without a doubt be the first president to be impeached, convicted, and removed from office.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Even the RINOs aren't onboard. They know there's an election coming up.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    He has a habit of saying things then later figuring out what it means before actually doing anything.

I certainly have the hope that’s true of his comment about taking the guns away AND THEN worry about “Due Process”. [Kinda defeats the concept of ‘Due Process’....
    I would’ve loved to see Trey Gowdy roll his eyes at that comment coming out of Trump’s mouth!]

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    The Whitehouse peeps walked back alot of what he said yesterday

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I certainly have the hope that’s true of his comment about taking the guns away AND THEN worry about “Due Process”. [Kinda defeats the concept of ‘Due Process’....
    I would’ve loved to see Trey Gowdy roll his eyes at that comment coming out of Trump’s mouth!]
    all Trey Gowdy does is act mad and tough on people he is questioning but in the end, he don't do didly squat about anything
    Big nothing burger

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    all Trey Gowdy does is act mad and tough on people he is questioning but in the end, he don't do didly squat about anything
    Big nothing burger

He really doesn't have the power to do anything.

Well, anything other than call people on their BS in front of the whole nation. That's the same big nothing burger that lead to a lot of Clinton corruption seeing light.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I wasn’t a trumpkin going in. My concern was, that he isn’t a constitutionalist ideologue. And if you’re not actively a conservative.

Over the last year. He’s really won me over on a lot of key items.

With that background. Here is what I think (and I haven’t followed news today).

And it’s going to seem contradictory. Because it is...

How many times have we heard folks characterize what he said as complete capitulation.
    From immigration to the state of the union speech to this to that. Over and over again. How many times has the political characterizations of his actions be completely wrong? Basically every time.

We can’t hear what he says through the language of a politician. And yes they have their own forked tongue language.

So what we heard because we all listen to politicians is assault weapons ban.

That’s probably what all those kook senators heard too.

No clue what he actually meant.

Then again Reagan did some dirty stuff to gun owners...

And he is NOT a constitutionalist. Hopefully there is some dirty in him that looks at this situation and says hey my core constituency would be destroyed if I did an Ban. Or if I curtailed gun rights... I ain’t gonna do it.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Best thing he ever did was the way he lambasted the media over their "coverage" of the Benghazi scandal. He's privy to information that he can't legally disclose, but he walked right up to that line and told everyone where to look. Unfortunately alternative media didn't quite have the clout at the time to prevent the lamestream from keeping it quite, but that's not his fault. He did more than any of the other political weenies would do.

Top Bottom