• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    It is kind of depressing.. Ron Paul and I agree on about 75% of things.. just the other 25% are so different that I could never support him. If he ran against Barry it would be just as bad as McLame in my opinion.. I would be voting against Barry not for RP..

I didn't get to see the debate because I am in Iraq. My internet is very slow so I am waiting for the youtube links to buffer. When I look at the list of people involved with this debate I must say it turns my stomach to think that we have Barry right where we want him and nobody to run against him...

We got the grand pubah of everything that takes a great philosophy (libertarianism) and turns it into a radical laughing stock... Ron Paul
    The frigging pizza guy, who also happened to be on the board of the Fed, which is a non-starter in my book... Herman Cain
    The governor of Minnesota.. the state of Jesse Ventura and Al Franken?? REALLY....
    An old governor of New Mexico that nobody knows anything about.
    And Rick Santorum..

Really are we going to not come up with a good candidate AGAIN? Where is Newt?? Where is Haley Barbour?? Hell I would rather see Oliver North than any of these guys..

To comment on a few earlier posts..

Free trade is great, if both sides agree to trade freely. How can you guys be fans of isolationism and be for "free trade". We don't have free trade with China, because they don't want our products and because of that we have a 273 billion dollar trade deficit with them in 2010, and it is already 42 billion through the first 2 months that have been reported of 2011.

Thomas Jefferson's foreign policy might have been appropriate at the time. But now that we have a globalized economy, whether we like it or not, it is very inappropriate.

We do need to do a lot of things.
    1. Institute the fair tax. Shut the doors on the IRS. (downside, is millions of newly unemployed accountants).
    2. Kick the UN out of New York. Put stop payment on any checks written to the UN or IMF and let them know that they can no longer suckle from the tit of the American people while simultaneously trying to destroy our way of life.

There is more, but I am already more worked up than I should be at 1030 so I will leave it at that...

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Nice post, BIGlucky. You have asked questions that beg to be answered. I can only offer my vague opinion, I was watching the debate while reading posts on Texas Gun Talk.

The big winner has to be Herman Cain because he came off well and was so articulate on the issues. I think he will join the missing frontrunners who were not there. We will see more of him.

Some are saying that Sanitorium did well but I just don't see him as a "player". He seemed to be tooting his own horn too much, like, CAMPAIGNING.

Pawlenty has nice credentials but to me he is dull, more like Newt on steroids.

Ron Paul goes off the deep end on some issues, like Legalizing Heron. He seems to be trying to appease the anti-war liberals more than any other candidate. The liberals LOVE him. What does that tell you?

Johnson was unknown but after his performance, he should STAY unknown. If anyone caught his interview with Hannity afterwards, he is LEFT of Obummer on some issues. Truly a RINO in training.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    and to all the Ron Paul-ites here, Yeah good luck with that NUT!! how many times has he ran and come NO WHERE near winning?? and to see it just happen again in 2012, yeah again good luck with that!!

What? Once? And he had the media and party leadership doing everything they could to keep him from getting to the big show?

Guess why they tried to keep him out of the running... Also, guess why McCain (a more "conventional" candidate) got his ass handed to him.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Ron Paul goes off the deep end on some issues, like Legalizing Heron.

This is one of the problems. He never said he is for legalizing heroin. What he is for is getting the federal gov't out of things it shouldn't be involved in. He wants to make all drugs STATES RIGHTS issues. Not Federal. That is not the same as "I want to legalize heroin."

rio grande

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Ron Paul does not advocate 'legalizing' heroin or marijuana or prostitution or gay marriage.
    He simply advocates decriminalizing them personally, but most importantly wants to leaves those decisions up to the States.
    Ron Paul advocates cutting the federal government by 50%, ending the useless wars and bringing the troops home, and ending the foreign 'aid' scams.
    He opposes so-called NAFTA-type "free trade" agreements which benefit the few at the expense of the many.
    I saw his immense across the board appeal in the last election cycle. Old folks, kids, college students, workers, owners, left, rightists...the man can easily 'whup' Obama.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Ron Paul has great "ideas" but very few of them could ever actually be implemented. President is not King. No majority of any house or senate will go for these ideas. It just isn't realistic. I don't think he has a chance of even getting close to the nomination.... whether we agree with his methods or not.

Shooterman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    SE Texas
    Ron Paul has great "ideas" but very few of them could ever actually be implemented. President is not King. No majority of any house or senate will go for these ideas. It just isn't realistic. I don't think he has a chance of even getting close to the nomination.... whether we agree with his methods or not.

All most probably correct, which, on the face of it, speaks damned ill about the mentality of the people, and the chances of returning the Ship of State to it's proper course. The iceberg looms large, and we have no watertight doors.

Not one person, especially those that have thrown their hat into the ring, with the exception of Ron Paul, has exhibited the first inkling of what to do to change the course of the Ship of State and history. Platitudes, wishihadsaidits, iamagreatconservatives, and all the imaginable BS most pilesofcrapticians come up with, will never be a substitute for what is necessary to be done.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    It's too bad Ron's ideas can't make it in today's world. I must say I do agree with much of what he has to say. I also think his heart is in the right place... just a shame that big money politics will sweep him and anybody else not "mainstream" aside like yesterday's news.

Shooterman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    SE Texas
    It's too bad Ron's ideas can't make it in today's world. I must say I do agree with much of what he has to say. I also think his heart is in the right place... just a shame that big money politics will sweep him and anybody else not "mainstream" aside like yesterday's news.

True, dat. We, as a nation, will continue to elect the same types we've had for the last 150 years, and that same big money will go elsewhere when we have become a third world country.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Apperantly Cain has a large following after that debate. He really is a good business oriented candidate that isnt an outspoken doushe like trump. He is also pro gun. He and RP are my favorites.

I like the black part too because Obastard wont get 95% of the minority vote any more.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Ron Paul for President!!!!
    Ted Nugent for Vice-President!!!!
    Judge Napolitano for Attorney General!!!!

Sign me up!!! That would be ideal I love the judge!!!

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication

All most probably correct, which, on the face of it, speaks damned ill about the mentality of the people, and the chances of returning the Ship of State to it's proper course. The iceberg looms large, and we have no watertight doors.

Not one person, especially those that have thrown their hat into the ring, with the exception of Ron Paul, has exhibited the first inkling of what to do to change the course of the Ship of State and history. Platitudes, wishihadsaidits, iamagreatconservatives, and all the imaginable BS most pilesofcrapticians come up with, will never be a substitute for what is necessary to be done.

+1 to pretty much all of the above.

rio grande

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    So I guess you guys like Traildust are the kind of good men who understand what's going on and see what's wrong but will sit back and do nothing while evil destroys the country because, well... "he doesn't have a chance" or "big money will sweep him away".
    That kind of attitude is exactly why we are in this mess. Where do those ideas come from? The news media and Obamacrats just love you to think that way.
    Zembonez, Obama sure thinks he is the King. He's getting away with ruling by decree. By his own decision he can start wars and kill or imprison without trial any American citizen anywhere.
    Ron Paul doesn't want to be King. He leads by example, and his allegiance is to the Constitution. Ron Paul can't make any changes for the better by himself. He needs our muscle to help him do that.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom