• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    You've chosen wisely. I love it on my 15-22.

20130627_204830_zps99667014.jpg

PA Micro definitely going on my suppressed MP15-22...

Tactical Sandwich

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    I am adding one to my ERS as a quick-acquisition sight.
    Also putting one on my shotgun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I don't know why everyone is getting all bent out of shape. He's not claiming to be some extremely long range expert nor is he claiming to be a physics major. He's just a guy that enjoys guns like the rest of us who was given the opportunity to try taking a few shots at an incredible distance, and stepped up to try it. So he tried taking some shots at 1,000 yds with an M1. Good for him. Then, he also had some fun with a popular micro rds. This is why we can't have cool reviews-if they aren't exactly right to an exact set of variables, then someone will come along and try to tear the persons test apart rather than just sitting back and enjoying the test.

Honestly, I'm surprised. I thought more guys would enjoy being able to have a chat with the guy who ran the test and drop some ideas for future tests. I didn't see this coming at all.
    X2.
    The sandwich is cool. Dude has 8 posts and content is exciting.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I need a red dot. Thanks for posting!
    Just to add to what he posted, I have run the PA Micro on my AR for a little over 1,000 rounds with the micro mounted. No adjustments have been needed to get it back on track. So it's cheap, durable-AND it doesn't walk off like other red dots in it's price range.

Tactical Sandwich

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Do you know if it is NV compatible of the top of your head, anyone?

The advanced series PA are NV compatible. I can't afford NV, like in the next decade, so I don't need it.
    I believe there's a huge misunderstanding with NV compatibility. Daylight modes can be used with NV, BUT the dot is still visible to those on the wrong end of the muzzle (aka bad guys).
    If I'm wrong please correct me. I couldn't find a lot of info in the topic.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    So, quick question for ya, Sandwich.

During the baseball test, how exactly did the PA mount fail? For that matter, how is it even put together in the first place, and how difficult was it to fix?

Tactical Sandwich

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    So, quick question for ya, Sandwich.

During the baseball test, how exactly did the PA mount fail? For that matter, how is it even put together in the first place, and how difficult was it to fix?

There's a slot that holds the recoil lug/ fastener. The lug/screw popped out of the slot and bent the springs on the QD lever. Took me forever to get the QD lever to unblock too.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    The advanced series PA are NV compatible. I can't afford NV, like in the next decade, so I don't need it.
    I believe there's a huge misunderstanding with NV compatibility. Daylight modes can be used with NV, BUT the dot is still visible to those on the wrong end of the muzzle (aka bad guys).
    If I'm wrong please correct me. I couldn't find a lot of info in the topic.

More like the daylight dot will permanently burn an image into your intensifier tube. If it is bright enough to see with your naked eye, it is bright enough to damage a tube if kept focused on it for long periods of time.

Not sure where you are getting your info from, but sounds like some BS you'd hear at a gun store counter.

Last edited:

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    As grumper says a daylight scope will burn out part of the tube. Since the tube can't be adjusted for windage and elevation you get a bright green dot on part of the tube you don't want. Many tubes have an odd occlusion or pinpoint dot but this will ruin the tube.

Tactical Sandwich

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    More like the daylight dot will permanently burn an image into your intensifier tube. If it is bright enough to see with your naked eye, it is bright enough to damage a tube if kept focused on it for long periods of time.

Not sure where you are getting your info from, but sounds like some BS you'd hear at a gun store counter.

Makes sense. I have a NV monocular but it's crap and haven't used it much.

Ah, like an LCD monitor will get burn marks on it if left projecting the same color in one area too long?

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Same principle except the light is amplified 50,000 times normal.

I accidentally once put my PVS-14 behind my Aimpoint ML3 instead of the M3 and was wondering WTF, why is the dot as big as a basketball on the low settings??

After just a few minutes there was a splotch in the middle of the view. Took about an hour in the darkness for it to go away.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    You can however use digital NV with a scope like this. I've seen a few people use near eye screens for goggle DIY builds. Also MUCH cheaper than going traditional NV if you go the some assembly required route.

Top Bottom