• ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Ok so now I’m the problem because I “talk mean” :-( LOL

My extremely liberal MIL once glared at me after a political discussion and said "You really don't compromise."

I said, "No, I don't."

"Can't you just say you agree once?"

I stared at her for a minute. "Why? I'm not going to lie or compromise my principles any more than you are. You probably shouldn't ask my opinion if you don't want to hear it. You already know it's not going to agree with yours."

That pissed her off even more.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    My extremely liberal MIL once glared at me after a political discussion and said "You really don't compromise."

I said, "No, I don't."

I stared at her for a minute. "Why? I'm not going to lie or compromise my principles any more than you are. You probably shouldn't ask my opinion if you don't want to hear it. You already know it's not going to agree with yours."

anikin.jpg

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Another highlight of her failing to grasp the obvious...yet another time she insisted on talking politics with me. I pointed out logical fallacies in the narrative she uses in place of actual thought. She became increasingly agitated, to the point she was shouting while I was replying in a calm voice (which pissed her off even more).

Finally, she glared at me and snapped "You're so intolerant!"

I replied calmly with. "And yet here you are, shouting at me just because I don't agree with you. In a conversation you insisted on starting. Such tolerance."

See, if I started a thread about my MIL, it wouldn't be nearly as entertaining as this one. She's a one-trick pony.

EDIT TO ADD: Also, if I started a thread about her, I'd get real tired of typing the phrase "...which pissed her off even more".

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

I said, "No, I don't."

I want to wear red shoes.
    My wife wants me to wear blue shoes.
    So I wear one of each.

Compromise.
    No one wins.
    Everyone loses.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The wife & I were together since 1985. In those last 30 years on a yearly basis my wife would mention me making her mother cry. Which was really funny in if I answered the phone I kept it to let me get her for you.

It's sort of like the the wife got sick & stopped returning calls to her mom. Them her mom would call my phone. That bitch would not leave a message rather then hang up & call back. For the wife to stop taking calls lets you know how sick she was. With her that sick often I was taking care of her. That was my priority at that time. At some point my Father In Law threatened to send the sheriff over on a welfare check because neither of us were answering or returning call. I told the blow hard if he did I would be sure to have the sheriff bill him for a welfare check. Funny how the mention of money shut him the phuc up.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    This morning, just as i was about to take Stetson for his morning stroll, I asked MIL to bring me Stetson's sippy cup for our journey.

20 mins later, he's thirsty with a mouthful of cheerios...and of course the cup is empty.

He's blowing a gasket, so I got to haul ass and push the world's heaviest stroller home.

I may have muttered a curse word or several.

Been pretty crazy busy of late...carport is going up right now, obviously too late for the hailstorm last week that left some minor dents on our car hoods.

Punch -card on garage conversion should be done this week.
    Then I can get these people out of my fucking house :-)

Seriously the separation will be great for all involved.

In-laws are troopers being cooped-up in a bedroom for a year...they need their own space.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    This morning, just as i was about to take Stetson for his morning stroll, I asked MIL to bring me Stetson's sippy cup for our journey.

20 mins later, he's thirsty with a mouthful of cheerios...and of course the cup is empty.

We were stuck living with the in-laws twice, each time with a toddler. MIL had a habit on those rare occasions when she'd load the dish washer of only washing most of a multi-part thing. Like washing tupperware containers, but never the lids. Or washing a food slicer, but never the blade.

Or washing a sippy cup, but never, ever washing the valve...which makes the sippy cup useless. One at least one occasion, she washed the body of one sippy cup, the lid of another, and the valve of a third one. None of which fit together.

Top Bottom