• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 29, 2020
    Great Southern Forest of Indiana
    Mathias Rust just flew into what was probably the most protected airspace in the world at the time. A result of a lot of missteps, bad plans, confusion and bad luck. This is what happened at the Capitol, only the people just walked in.

Lots of people in USSR air defense were dismissed, I would imagine that something similar will happen in dc, we just won't hear about it.

I'm looking at this from a security perspective only.
    Target Sports

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Mathias Rust just flew into what was probably the most protected airspace in the world at the time. A result of a lot of missteps, bad plans, confusion and bad luck. This is what happened at the Capitol, only the people just walked in.

Lots of people in USSR air defense were dismissed, I would imagine that something similar will happen in dc, we just won't hear about it.

I'm looking at this from a security perspective only.

Gotcha, makes sense.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    From what I’ve seen the security issues at the capital can be attributed to 2 scenarios based on the same facts.

In the first, the DC mayor was attacked by the left after the DC riots because of the police presence and they claimed it was racist, etc. she demanded minimal security presence for the 6th because she didn’t want things to look bad. Unarmed officers, no riot gear, no NG presence, etc.

When shit got ugly capital police made multiple requests for backup and were denied. Calls were also made to the pentagon for help but also denied. All due to not wanting to look bad. It seems all the decisions can be traced back to the DC mayor trying to cater to a leftist ideology concerning law enforcement rolls during protests.

The other option is to see that all the same things happened but it was due to a nefarious scheme to trick the Trump supporters.

Personally, I think it’s closer to the first option. And I probably missed a name or 2 as far as who was involved in the security decisions, but it doesn’t really change the narratives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    From what I’ve seen the security issues at the capital can be attributed to 2 scenarios based on the same facts.

In the first, the DC mayor was attacked by the left after the DC riots because of the police presence and they claimed it was racist, etc. she demanded minimal security presence for the 6th because she didn’t want things to look bad. Unarmed officers, no riot gear, no NG presence, etc.

When shit got ugly capital police made multiple requests for backup and were denied. Calls were also made to the pentagon for help but also denied. All due to not wanting to look bad. It seems all the decisions can be traced back to the DC mayor trying to cater to a leftist ideology concerning law enforcement rolls during protests.

The other option is to see that all the same things happened but it was due to a nefarious scheme to trick the Trump supporters.

Personally, I think it’s closer to the first option. And I probably missed a name or 2 as far as who was involved in the security decisions, but it doesn’t really change the narratives.

DC Police are not responsible for the Capitol. This event falls soley on the shoulders of the US Capitol Police:

Our Mission | United States Capitol Police (uscp.gov)

Our Mission
    Protect the Congress – its Members, employees, visitors, and facilities – so it can fulfill its constitutional and legislative responsibilities in a safe, secure and open environment.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    DC Police are not responsible for the Capitol. This event falls soley on the shoulders of the US Capitol Police:

Our Mission | United States Capitol Police (uscp.gov)

Our Mission
    Protect the Congress – its Members, employees, visitors, and facilities – so it can fulfill its constitutional and legislative responsibilities in a safe, secure and open environment.

I’m aware of that. There was still coordination between the mayor and capital police though. I just can’t remember all the names of those involved. But as I said, it was all based around the same “logic”.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I’m aware of that. There was still coordination between the mayor and capital police though. I just can’t remember all the names of those involved. But as I said, it was all based around the same “logic”.

The optics would be a lot better for the USCP if they had a paper trail of requests for support that were denied.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The optics would be a lot better for the USCP if they had a paper trail of requests for support that were denied.

There’s a paper trail; here’s the Mayor of DC’s position on 4 Jan:
    “In a letter to federal officials on Monday, Washington Mayor Muriel Bowser urged federal law enforcement to maintain a light footprint for Wednesday’s protests, seeking to avoid the type of show of force that had inflamed tense situations in the city last year.””

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    There’s a paper trail; here’s the Mayor of DC’s position on 4 Jan:
    “In a letter to federal officials on Monday, Washington Mayor Muriel Bowser urged federal law enforcement to maintain a light footprint for Wednesday’s protests, seeking to avoid the type of show of force that had inflamed tense situations in the city last year.””

Meh.

USCP mission is literally to protect the Capitol, not bend over to political requests. Add in all th hooliganism occurred on Federal property, blame is mostly going to land on USCP and USPP.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Meh.

USCP mission is literally to protect the Capitol, not bend over to political requests. Add in all th hooliganism occurred on Federal property, blame is mostly going to land on USCP and USPP.

I’m aware and agree however USCP directly work for the Capitol Police board composed of the two Sergeants-At-Arms and the Capitol Architect and protection is just a part of USCP’s mission.

USCP is literally Congress’ private police force; the department will get blamed, but the politicians on the board set the policy, which is why three of the four members of the Board have resigned already.

GAO took pains to note in a 2017 report that USCP needs don’t align with Board wants and that hampers mission accomplishment.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    USCP was asking for support and was denied.

Anything under the Mayors control? Sure.

Hard to believe USSS turned them down if Pence was going to be there. FBI turned them down too? USPP turned them down too? US Marshals turned them down too? And of course BATFE, they will go anywhere for the publicity.

Wow what a blockbuster news story if true.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Officially Capitol was CLOSED due to COVID!
    Union? Heard talk that piglosi passed a bill to eliminate right-to-work laws. Belonged to one for a summer job, just drop off dues at the box and LEAVE. Worked one place with union, woke the guys from the aircraft.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It's entirely understandable to be upset, angry and frustrated over the events of last year, in regards to the "protests" of the BLM and ANTIFA, but that doesn't excuse anyone from their criminal behavior on the 6th of January, regardless of how some may try and justify those actions. Criminal behavior is criminal behavior, and it's irrelevant in who commits that behavior.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    gambler; All,

Fwiw, reference our "proposed airline", I (as one of the group of alumni) received an email from LaDonna, who made several comments from her experience as an air hostess.

One comment that she made (& that I will share here) is that she said that the "legacy air carriers" made three "needless mistakes that cost the lines significant money" was NOT "aggressively pursuing 'small parcel air freight, that can travel at a very low cost to the airline but are quite profitable', failing to employ well-qualified women as pilots/copilots & the airline personnel policy that required experienced stewardesses & any other personnel to resign, when/if they got married." = She said, "I like to think that I've gotten smarter over the last decades."

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Thank you for those wonderful words of wisdom and clarification.

gambler; All,

I suspect that the DIMocRATS "leadership" (for example "BIG-MOUTH" Schumer of NY) will suddenly "lose interest in" prosecuting "insurrectionists" that damaged the US Capitol, when it becomes obvious (even to the LEFTISTS) that the VAST MAJORITY of the VANDALS ( who DAMAGED/destroyed/stole things in the building) & other COMMON CRIMINALS were actually ANTIFAS, BLM & other FAR LEFT/DIMocRAT extremists.

yours, satx

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    gambler; All,

I suspect that the DIMocRATS "leadership" (for example "BIG-MOUTH" Schumer of NY) will suddenly "lose interest in" prosecuting "insurrectionists" that damaged the US Capitol, when it becomes obvious (even to the LEFTISTS) that the VAST MAJORITY of the VANDALS ( who DAMAGED/destroyed/stole things in the building) & other COMMON CRIMINALS were actually ANTIFAS, BLM & other FAR LEFT/DIMocRAT extremists.

yours, satx
    I don't. I think they will ride this horse for a long time. They will never admit it was anyone but the right and the MSM will agree with them. Whatever they can do to keep the republicans down and keep turning the tide against them to increase their lead in the house and the senate.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I don't. I think they will ride this horse for a long time. They will never admit it was anyone but the right and the MSM will agree with them. Whatever they can do to keep the republicans down and keep turning the tide against them to increase their lead in the house and the senate.

gambler,

Even though the LEFTIST DIMocRATS are KNOWN to be SHAMELESS SERIAL LIARS, they will not long be able to deny that when VANDALS, THIEVES & other LEFTIST CRIMINALS, who invaded the Capitol, are indicted/tried/convicted/sentenced that a LARGE PERCENTAGE are also LEFTISTS/DIMocRATS.
    Even the "DIMocRAT-loving" MSM won't be able to deny the OBVIOUS w/o LOOKING COMPLETELY STUPID, when the evidence is produced at trial & the photos of the convicted are released by the AOUSC.

yours, satx

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    The below are some examples of how conspiracy theories can cause all of us problems. You guys from the Clinton years know what I mean. It didn't take agitators to cause them to do what they did. Several of the people below were believers in the QAnon stuff. :

First person "The Shaman"

'He gets very sick if he doesn't eat organic food—literally will get physically sick,' she told ABC 15.

" He has been living with his mother Martha, 56, since January 2019"

Second Person, "The Caveman"
    NY Judge’s Son Pictured at Capitol Riot in Fur Pelts, Police Gear Is Arrested

3rd Person Air Force LtCol
    Air Force veteran identified as Capitol rioter carrying zip ties on Senate floor

4th Person "Podium Guy"
    Adam Johnson, the Florida man seen carrying Nancy Pelosi's lectern during US Capitol riot, out of jail on $25K bail

5th Person "The guy at Nancy's Desk"
    The rioter who took photos at Nancy Pelosi's desk and recently said he's a white nationalist prepared for a violent death has been arrested

6th person Ashli Babbit, "The Protestor who was Killed"

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The below are some examples of how conspiracy theories can cause all of us problems. You guys from the Clinton years know what I mean. It didn't take agitators to cause them to do what they did. Several of the people below were believers in the QAnon stuff. :

First person "The Shaman"

'He gets very sick if he doesn't eat organic food—literally will get physically sick,' she told ABC 15.

" He has been living with his mother Martha, 56, since January 2019"

Second Person, "The Caveman"
    NY Judge’s Son Pictured at Capitol Riot in Fur Pelts, Police Gear Is Arrested

3rd Person Air Force LtCol
    Air Force veteran identified as Capitol rioter carrying zip ties on Senate floor

4th Person "Podium Guy"
    Adam Johnson, the Florida man seen carrying Nancy Pelosi's lectern during US Capitol riot, out of jail on $25K bail

5th Person "The guy at Nancy's Desk"
    The rioter who took photos at Nancy Pelosi's desk and recently said he's a white nationalist prepared for a violent death has been arrested

6th person Ashli Babbit, "The Protestor who was Killed"

Sad that some are wanting align themselves with these idiots, even a few sadly misinformed members here on the forum.

These are radical extremist right wingers, not BLM, or ANTIFA members!

Again, anyone care to show the proof of four busloads of ANTIFA members some are claiming were at the Capitol, posing as Trump supporters? Betcha can't!

Top Bottom