Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Criminal mischief in the night time.
    Again, unless they are trying to steal your car burn it, ETA WITH YOU IN IT, or are doing damage that you cant recover otherwise, i.e. insurance, that will be a pretty thin defense to running down a crowd, especially when you can't pick and choose who you're going to be hitting/stopping. IMHO.

The spirit of the criminal mischief is meant to be at your home or real property. I know your car is an extension of your home for certain laws but there are specific use of force justification laws pertaining to incidents involving you in your car, i.e. them trying to get in or drag you out breaking windows etc, so I'm not sure the criminal mischief law would apply to you driving thru town at night since other sections cover that. Just thinking out loud.

Last edited:

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    From the article...

"Uber prohibits riders and their guests, as well as driver and delivery partners, from carrying firearms of any kind while using the app, to the extent permitted by applicable law.”

I've never used any ride share crap, but is there any way for them to enforce this?
    Sounds basically like a request.
    Or is it comparable to 30.06/07?

Well he had a carry permit so I would assume that the extent permitted by applicable law says he can carry.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    After so many years looks like 15 from his assault

I believe you can try to get a permit.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    They’ve fired their “independent contractors” for defensive shootings before. In a right to work state, Uber has the right to terminate employment. 30.06/07 doesn’t apply.

They’d rather see their workers murdered than to have them be able to defend themselves because optics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They are not employees.

They can terminate the contract.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Personal thoughts? I think Uber is trying to have their cake and eat it too. Setting rules or policy they really have no place setting in the first place. Calling the drivers "private contractors" instead of employees, so they can avoid much of the things that are associated with having employees.
    Absolutely.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Ok....I thought a misdemeanor domestic assault conviction would disqualify you. I guess assault against a family member is something different.

There are exceptions. Article says "family member", well siblings do not apply. It was 2005, and he is 33 so he was 18, possibly still at home.

He also could not be in the Army if he was a DV convict.

Even if a domestic violence case is handled off base in the civilian criminal court system, criminal conviction or even a misdemeanor involving domestic violence can end a service member's military career; the 1996 Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968 makes it unlawful for anyone who has been convicted of a misdemeanor of domestic violence to possess firearms. The law applies to law enforcement officers and military personnel.

https://usacac.army.mil/sites/default/files/documents/sja/lautenberg.pdf

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I just have to say WOW.....three days ago I sent an email to KXAN asking them why they are portraying Garrett Foster as a some kind of damn martyr and haven't shown the street interview of him from Twitter where he talks about the cops killing him if he uses the gun against them and the people that they are protesting being too big of pu***es to do anything about it.

10 O'clock news tonight......they showed the whole interview while of course bleeping out Garrett's colorful language.

Props to KXAN for airing that.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Misdemeanor conviction of family violence is a disqualifier for purchase of a firearm by federal law. As far as I know, Texas law as well. As well as LTC.
    But charges filed are not always what goes to final court disposition.
    He could very well have pled guilty to a lesser assault charge or disorderly conduct.
    It all hinges on the court ordered disposition of the case.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom