• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    No, it is not. If the area is not fenced off or otherwise blocked from entry or posted with no trespassing signs, then there is no offense.
    Correct.

Of course there is. civil conduct goes both ways.
    How about a discussion, rather than conforntation? If he tries to esclate then back off and THEN call the law.
    Perhaps it is just me, but that seems to be contradictory. I never force a pyhsical issue. Back off and call the law. Why risk injury and arrest for being a hot head?
    great idea!

Happy to have got your attention.

Step into my yard, fence or no, you are in trespass the minute I tell you so.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    I try to not get the law involved unless all other avenues are exhausted. Most people are reasonable. Once you call the cops, there is no taking it back, so be ready for a lifelong sh1tstorm with your neighbor once you go there.
    I can't really get a picture of your place from the description. If you have a fence, lock the gate. Where is your water faucet, front of the house, or inside the backyard, or other?
    some people just don't get the "private" in private property.

Btw... I'm not going to go to jail for punching someone, no matter how much I think they deserve it, unless they have threatened me or mine. I think that is a very juvenile response, especially for someone who owns firearms. We are not in high school anymore.

Soapbox(off)

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Put on a gorilla suit and beat the living shit out of him with a steel baton. Then rub some LSD on him and come back every 10 minutes and scream at him in said gorilla suit. If that doesn't get the desired result, ... set his house on fire.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Put on a gorilla suit and beat the living shit out of him with a steel baton. Then rub some LSD on him and come back every 10 minutes and scream at him in said gorilla suit. If that doesn't get the desired result, ... set his house on fire.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston

Been watching George Carlin, eh?

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Thought I would let you know what happened. I was talking to my neighbor across the street to see if they saw what happened and my neighbor's wife rapidly came across the street and said she and her son had moved everything. I told her I needed to discuss that with her because I was not ok with someone coming on my property and moving things. Her daughter had seen the water during a rainstorm rising up the pad for their air conditioner and the wife panicked. Her husband is out of town and she called him. He told her that it usually drains between our fences and to see if that area was blocked. She saw some rocks on my property (they had been there for 8 years) and thought that was the cause so she tried to call me. Unfortunately, she had entered the wrong phone number into her contact list and couldn't reach me. Soooo, she made the choice to move everything.

I told her I understood but after I caught her husband stealing our water it pissed me off that things were moved. I don't know why she chose to make a trench in my yard instead of her yard other than she wasn't thinking.

In the end, I accepted her apology since she tried to reach me and gave her the correct number. I will definitely keep my eye on them and will probably put a lock on the gate.

All's well that ends well.

That's good news. It's been very rare over the years that people were just screwing with me. If a situation arose, it was usually a misunderstanding or someone trying to help me.

I always try to expect the best. It almost always works out. Unless its someone from Kansas. People from Kansas are assholes.

Top Bottom