• ...and so much more!
  • Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Surveillance Cameras. Logitech makes an awesome system. One camera or add up to six. With a high speed internet connection and a smart phone you will get a video text message on your phone of whoever is activating the motion sensitive sensor. It also archives the video on your hard drive. You can also remotely monitor the camera from anywhere. Easy to set up . Once you catch them trespassing you call police to get a criminal trespass charge on them which will last for one year. If they violate the order in that time they go straight to jail. Of course once they see the camera they should behave them self. The low cost version is a fake camera.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    In the past, I have recommended a little recreational butt kicking because it's good for the soul and it's just plain fun. As I read your post however, training in writing cases in the prison system keep echoing in my head.

When you write a case on a Prison Offender, it's not like writing a bad conduct report in the public schools. The prison cases are written as a prosecutor would file a case against a law violator. The language is formal, the evidence must be presented and it's a very big deal that can even result in added time on the Offender's sentence.

What they teach you on writing cases includes the following caution: "IF YOU DIDN'T SEE THE ACTION, HAVE WITNESSES TO THE EVENT OR ARE ABLE TO PROVE WHAT YOU SAY, THEN IT NEVER HAPPENED!"

Sorry, but what you saw changed, moved to fooled with on your place may not have been done by your neighbor. You didn't see it, you can't prove it and it didn't happen. My advice?....set up a camera, get witnesses or see the act personally, then act upon it. Until then, keep control of yourself and wait.

Flash

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Well, if they were trying To save their ac... I dunno I'd still be ticked, but do the neighborly thing, and offer to help if something like that happens again.

I'm really blessed to have wonderful neighbors. Most of them let us know they're gonna be gone, we have a set of dishes that make the rounds with good food on them. And we almost have a communal set of lawn equipment. It makes a big big difference.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Well, if they were trying To save their ac... I dunno I'd still be ticked, but do the neighborly thing, and offer to help if something like that happens again.

I'm really blessed to have wonderful neighbors. Most of them let us know they're gonna be gone, we have a set of dishes that make the rounds with good food on them. And we almost have a communal set of lawn equipment. It makes a big big difference.

^^ this works. Neighbor helping neighbor. We all need help now and then.
    I have some really good neighbors and some "standoffish" neighbors.
    Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. :)

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I must have missed post #20 but it does point to what my training in the prison said. If you can't prove it, it never happened.
    I'm glad the situation was resolved peacefully.

Flash

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Glad to hear things are better. I've got one of those 'neighbors from hell' next door that cannot be reasoned with no matter what. He's called the cops on half the people on the street - twice on me! - and that only stopped when the cops got fed up and ordered him to stop calling. He hides and video tapes people driving down the street or walking the dog. People have tried being nice - didn't work. People tried threatening legal action - didn't work. Finally just this week he put up a For Sale sign ('cause his wife finally had enough of him and decided to file for divorce). The whole street has plans for a party the day he finally moves out.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Have you tried bouncing betty's and a punji pit?

I kid, I kid...

Lowest cost option is what you said: Get a lock for the gate, and keep your eyes peeled.
    You could try getting a dog, security lights, a camera, etc. But that's all added expense on you just because your neighbor's a huge leach.
    I mean, it's never a bad idea to have stuff like that anyway - but in this particular case I think a lock will work just fine.

You've already confronted him twice about crap. If it continues, start calling the police. That's what they're there for.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    +1

If nothing else, if you do 'stomp his ass', it will be on record that you have contacted the PD before.

not to mention the record for an overnight stay in the jail......stomping his ass is just immature and idiotic in my opinion

but while you're at it - beat the hell out of that woman across the street

that'll teach her....

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    If your neighbor comes onto your property without your permission, that is trespass.
    No, it is not. If the area is not fenced off or otherwise blocked from entry or posted with no trespassing signs, then there is no offense.
    If he uses your water hose to water something outside your yard, that is theft.
    Correct.

No need to confront the knucklehead after his actions have already crossed the line of civil conduct.
    Of course there is. civil conduct goes both ways.
    If he is in the act, then a confrontation would be appropriate, provided you have prepared yourself mentally and physically for that confrontation.
    How about a discussion, rather than conforntation? If he tries to esclate then back off and THEN call the law.
    As a proponent for dispute resolution, I always look for the best way to defuse the situation -- if that don't work -- make sure you can trump his possible use of force.
    Perhaps it is just me, but that seems to be contradictory. I never force a pyhsical issue. Back off and call the law. Why risk injury and arrest for being a hot head?
    Be sure to have some form of video/photographic evidence to back up your complaint.
    great idea!

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    ITS ALWAYS a good idea to have/get a security camera. Just like a CHL, you never know when it will come into play. Someone could break into your car, your house, or rob you and you have to use deadly force and if it helps your situation, there is your proof of what actually happened. I invested in 89.00 D-Link camera about 2 months ago and I will say I WILL ALWAYS have a camera from here on out. First week we had it I couldt figure out what happened to one of our doves(we have 2) that died in its cage on the front porch. Went back to the camera and it was a damn cat that attacked it. Its the neighbors cat and im not really attached to the doves so it was not a big deal really but if it was someones kid I would be so thankful I invested less than 100 bucks. It could make or break a case. It also gives me a sense of security knowing that the odds of something happening decreasing(not 100% but some). I have one real one and 2 fake ones on my house. I review it every night just for the hell of it.

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    Not disagreeing TxI, but just starting an awkward conversation is too much confrontation for a lot of folks these days. And since some folks can't handle their emotions properly, what starts as a civil conversation can turn physical real quick. It never hurts to be prepared.

I do agree with your assessment: talk to the neighbor civilly, if that doesn't work back off and report it to the authorities.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    not to mention the record for an overnight stay in the jail......stomping his ass is just immature and idiotic in my opinion

I was always an advocate of a good ass kicking until I worked in the prison system. There were many Offenders incarcerated for YEARS for doing the same stuff I did routinely. Lesson learned....Thank God, I am a changed man!

Flash

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    So far this family has committed theft and criminal mischief. This has escalated way past the point of civil discourse IMO.

I would put up "no trespassing" signs and surveillance cameras. If it happens again have them arrested.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    My next door neighbor's house just got taken away by the city. When I moved in he had a shed leaning, and almost collapsing onto my fence. I talked to him, and turned out the guy is in very poor health, and has no electricity, or running water. I offered to take care of the shed, but he had someone come take care of it. A few days ago he knocks on my door, and asks if he can run an extension cord for a fan, because it was like 101 outside. I couldn't say no. If he died in the heat imagine the guilt I would feel. He told me he only had a few days to get out of the house, that the city was taking it form him. I just hope they do something with it instead of just putting up a sign and letting it rot even more.

Top Bottom