• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    The lesson here folks is to not leave your prized pistol alone in a hotel room with a guy you dont know and claim to not like.
    I would want to know:

How did he (the arrestee) know the gun was there?
    Why wont you file theft charges on him?
    Who leaves a pistol in a hotel room with a guy that they state they asked to not be paired up with?

Common sense has to have a place in your decision making process.
    Not to be mean but the loss of this gun for the time being might just be considered a "stupidity tax". I am betting that he wont make the same mistake twice.
    Venture Surplus ad

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Who? The cops? Do something illegal? That would NEVER happen... Not in a million years...

Would you like me to cite examples?

I'm not saying *you* would do anything like that, but cops are people first, and cops second (or third).

It's unfortunate that I don't trust cops anymore than any other idiot walking around free (and believe me, the fact that I don't bothers the hell outa me)...

You know that little statistic that CHL holders commit far fewer crimes than the average population? Well, in the population of LEOs, the percentage is even lower. To be fair, it certainly should be.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Anybody that aint on real good terms with me touches on of my guns and they might find out how fast they can get F*** up.
    On that thought, they better not even be nowhere around me.

The Motel room thing sound stoopid..WTF was going on in there?

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Unbelieveable jumps to conclusions. DO you have any basis for your outrageous accusations? It IS interesting to see the conspiracy theory crowd crawl out.

I started to respond with descriptions, but maybe it's better if I don't. Before the latest violence, Mexico was probably less corrupt than CC. The fact that this guy's story includes a hooker shooting up in the bathroom might be indicative of that.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I started to respond with descriptions, but maybe it's better if I don't. Before the latest violence, Mexico was probably less corrupt than CC. The fact that this guy's story includes a hooker shooting up in the bathroom might be indicative of that.

hooker shooting up in a bathroom of a hotel room=Corpus is more corrupt than Mexico
    wait....
    hang on a sec....
    hold on.....

ok, you'll have to explain. your statement makes no sense no matter how long I stare at it.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I'm no legal expert, so maybe some of our LEOs can explain exactly why the prosecution even wants this gun? Aren't police reports, witness statements and photographs enough for this case? I don't see what they need or even want the gun for? I'm pretty sure most jurors don't need to see the actual gun to know what it is or believe the prosecution.

I'm probably missing something. Not the first time.

As for the OP, I've recovered guns from the police but never under such difficult circumstances as yours. Your best bet is to call the PD and ask to speak to the property room. Explain the situation and ask if there is any way you can recover the pistol. There may be some way no one else explained to you (happened to me in CA- I needed a signed letter from the AG, which actually wasn't too hard to get). Good luck, and next time keep a better eye on your gear!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1qwerty
    Top Bottom