• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    You can trust the CC police as far as you can throw a piano. Even if you get an order to have it released, don't be surprised if it "disappeared" from the property room.
    Painting the whole PD as thieves? LOL... The DA (if that is who is the decider of when a gun gets released) has a pending case and therefore hasnt released the firearm and that has been morphed into 'the PD stole your gun'. You guys are hilarious.

comawhite12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Donna Tx
    WOW!
    Good information all around. Seems this thread swerved in to a more comical lane tho.
    As it is, I have no idea if the other guy had or has a record at this time. also, the P.D. took the pistol from me. All of the alleged b.s. happened when I was checking a job site, but the police showed up after I got back to the room. They snatched him up walking around outside. Next thing I know I had officers open the door to the room and ask me to stand up and turn around.
    They detained me, took what statement I could give and let me go. An investigator stopped by the next day to take a second statement. He is the one who told me if the case went nowhere they would notify me I could claim the weapon. So far no notifications.
    Guess I will wait it out and see where this goes.

daddy45acp

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    central texas
    Law enforcement is funny about guns used in even the simplest crime. The gun becomes "tainted" in their eyes...like the gun was the criminal. Your's was used in a case of criminal assault against the whore. The gun is guilty as charged. Your friend and you are the gray area with no charges filed.

Hate to say it, but your gun is probably either already destroyed or in some LEO's collection. Was it a nice gun? If so, it's in the collection. If it was a junkie gun, it been destroyed. Either way, like I said before...it's been charged and convicted and will never see the light of the free world again. Did you, by chance, kick your friends ass for bringing that drug addicted whore to your hotel room?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Law enforcement is funny about guns used in even the simplest crime. The gun becomes "tainted" in their eyes...like the gun was the criminal. Your's was used in a case of criminal assault against the whore. The gun is guilty as charged. Your friend and you are the gray area with no charges filed.

Hate to say it, but your gun is probably either already destroyed or in some LEO's collection. Was it a nice gun? If so, it's in the collection. If it was a junkie gun, it been destroyed. Either way, like I said before...it's been charged and convicted and will never see the light of the free world again. Did you, by chance, kick your friends ass for bringing that drug addicted whore to your hotel room?

Unbelieveable jumps to conclusions. DO you have any basis for your outrageous accusations? It IS interesting to see the conspiracy theory crowd crawl out.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    No...I thought you were.
    My troll alarm was going off.
    You cant really think that the cops stole his gun. Please tell me you dont really believe that. I like to think folks are a bit sharper than that LOL. GUns go through a long tedious process before being sold or destroyed by LE., but since you apparently dont know what this process is, it easier to say "its in some cops collection"...gimme a break

daddy45acp

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    central texas
    I was only putting all the possibilities out there. But your probably right. It's not in a LEO's collection. But he likely will not get it back without spending way more than it is worth. But since you are a LEO, am I right in saying that guns used in crimes hardly ever make it back to private hands?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    The posibility that it is in an officer's personal collection is extremely remote.

Many dont go back to the owner because the owner simply never comes for them. Another thing to remember is that most guns that police have were used in some type of crime and the owner is in jail or on probation and prohibited from possessing it.

I have been in several other PD's and seen some of their evidence rooms. I have seen lots of awesome expensive and rare firearms. I have also seen the checks and balances that keep track of them.

The biggest obstacle in a large PD to recovering your weapon is finding the person who can make a decision to release it.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I gotta' go with Texascop2. Although it may be kept for a while, unless there is some info we don't know about this issue, there is no reason to believe it will never get back to it's owner (unless the owner is charged with something that won't allow him/her to have it or the owner is a felon, etc.). There are bad cops just like there are bad citizens but I don't for a minute think the police are any more criminal than the average person and probably a lot less prone to violate laws. I'm sure there are rogue cops, judges, DAs, etc. out there but percentage wise I'd bet they have a much lower percentage of being crooks than the average person you see walking down the street. That's just my opinion based on my observations.

comawhite12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Donna Tx
    I am a legal gun owner, and have nothing in the past few years that would change that. I appreciate all the knowledgeable information given.
    Now, should I inquire of the status of the weapon say Monday morning, or should I leave it sit for a while longer? I considered filling the charges of unlawful use of the weapon without my permission, but to be honest I think that is what they were hoping for. That charge they can make stick.
    As I said, I am not defending him and yes he did get a "talking to" when I ran in to him later. But this is alleged to have been the case. Only the 2 people in the room know for sure what went on there.
    Should I leave it lie for a while or sniff around?
    Thanks again.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    How does that song go?
    "..Like goin' to a lost-and-found in a border town
    Askin' 'bout a diamond ring
    They just look at you like you lost your mind
    Say they haven't seen a thing.."

Good luck to you, but don't count on seeing that pistol again. Corpus is a beautiful area, but overrun with gangs, hookers, and low-lifes. And you can trust the CC police as far as you can throw a piano. Even if you get an order to have it released, don't be surprised if it "disappeared" from the property room.

Complete BS. Corpus is a very professional organization. The property room is modern and well run. Although there are bad apples everywhere, including teachers, doctors, firefighters, trash men, welders, gun shop employees, etc, 99.9% of cops are extremely honest and law abiding. Besides it being illegal and just wrong, I don't know anyone willing to risk their career and freedom over a gun.

The rest of your comments are wrong too

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I'd keep "sniffing around" if for no other reason to be sure and let authorities know you expect it back and will persue any legal means necessary to get it back. I'd deal with the DA and demand some answers. If you are not satisfied with the answers, I'd visit with the DAs boss or a local judge. If things don't look good after that, I would hire an attorney. If it took filing charges on the guy, I'd do it in a heartbeat. He's already caused you a lot of problems.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

More complete BS. Maybe YOU took and you have it at your house. That is just as likely.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I am a legal gun owner, and have nothing in the past few years that would change that. I appreciate all the knowledgeable information given.
    Now, should I inquire of the status of the weapon say Monday morning, or should I leave it sit for a while longer? I considered filling the charges of unlawful use of the weapon without my permission, but to be honest I think that is what they were hoping for. That charge they can make stick.
    There is no such animal.
    As I said, I am not defending him and yes he did get a "talking to" when I ran in to him later. But this is alleged to have been the case. Only the 2 people in the room know for sure what went on there.
    Should I leave it lie for a while or sniff around?
    Thanks again.

Who was the follow up detective that came to your room?

comawhite12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Donna Tx
    There is no such animal.

If i am correct this is what the assistant D.A. told me I had to file when I called about the weapon about 2 yrs ago.

Who was the follow up detective that came to your room?

His name escapes me. I had his card but have long since misplaced it. All I have is the offenders name and date of offence.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I'd keep "sniffing around" if for no other reason to be sure and let authorities know you expect it back and will persue any legal means necessary to get it back. I'd deal with the DA and demand some answers. If you are not satisfied with the answers, I'd visit with the DAs boss

The District Attorney is elected....he doesnt have a boss.

Top Bottom