Question for those that carry while running/exercising

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by hoytinak, Mar 20, 2008.

1. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    How/what do you carry your sidearm?

I went for a jog this morning for the first time in a couple of months (trying to get back into shape, I've let myself slip :o). I had my Seecamp in my front pocket of my sweat pants and even as small as it is, it kept pulling my sweats down and hitting my thigh.

Any suggestions? Thanks

2. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    The Kel-Tec P3AT is easy for me when exercising, walking, jogging. Get the beltclip on it and you are good to go. It's a cheap little pistol, but this is where it shines.

3. DrBart2

DrBart2 Active Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    My wife and I use small fanny packs and wear them in front. She stuffs her sub compact XD 40 in hers. I carry my little .38 snubby in mine. You get used to running with them after a couple of runs.

4. brainiac

brainiac Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Parker County
    I walk more than run, a S&W 340PD in my sweat pants or shorts pocket is light and rides pretty easy. I have actually walked with my commander-size 1911 in an IWB holster in my drawstring shorts and a t-shirt over it; works OK as long as it's not too hot in the summer (don't want to sweat all over my pistol).

5. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Could always get you a Scottish Claymore about 5' long? Sometimes prevention is the first step, lol.

6. BT1911

BT1911 Member

Mar 9, 2008
    USA
    What is this "exercising" thing you speak of?

Seriously, I pretty much live in a rural area but walk 2-3 times a week. I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry in a Tommy's gun pack since nobody but cows and maybe a stray dog will normally see me anyway. There's also a front pocket for your cash, license(s), knife, phone, etc. without much more bulk.

7. Lobo_79

Lobo_79 Member

May 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Carrying while exercising

I carry a J-Frame in a fanny pack I bought from Cops Plus. It fits tight up against your side and doesn't bounce around too much when you're running.

If I'm just doing my "power walk" I carry an Beretta 92 FS in an Uncle Mike's IWB holster...and I can forget running while carrying that.

8. ElectricHellfire

ElectricHellfire New Member

May 23, 2008
    The Woodlands, TX
    +1 on some type of fany pack or IWB. I dont exercise nearly as regular as I should but if I go walk I carry a Beretta 21A IWB or in a pack.

9. dglockster

dglockster New Member

Jul 13, 2008
  10. woulf

woulf New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Bryan, TX
    I've always heard that the "Bellyband" was perfect for those situations..