• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Trying to find a decent quick reflex sight for my new ar15. For now bought a cheap truglo red dot scope to get me by but I want a good quick reflex. Any ideas on where to start? my ar is the flat top with rail. No magnification it is for 25-100 yds
    ARJ Defense ad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Spend the money and you'll never look back. A top tier optic is worth every cent. Things that'd tear that truglo physically off the rifle. An Aimpoint will just take a nick.

$$$$

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I like most of Primary arms stuff. I don't plan on going into the jungle and fighting with mine so don't see the point in paying triple the price for something that is only 10% better.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Trying to find a decent quick reflex sight for my new ar15. For now bought a cheap truglo red dot scope to get me by but I want a good quick reflex. Any ideas on where to start? my ar is the flat top with rail. No magnification it is for 25-100 yds
    Fiber optic Reflex only? Or are RDS (red dot sights) on the list, too?

ETA fiber optic (Tru glo)
    Sent from some where out there.

Last edited:

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Good means aimpoint. Trijicon came out with a micro site as well that is comparably priced. There is always Acog, the 1.5x models is what I'm looking at due to my astigmatis, but it's pricy.

a step up would be PA.

macidcrook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2016
    Magnolia
    I got a sightmark for my dad, for christmas, i was actually suprised at the quality of it for the price. he doesnt shoot alot but we put about 300rnds through it and held zero just fine. plus you can change your retical. i like my eotech, 1 moa dot is great for 100+yards. but i have been looking at mepro m21 recently might have to go with one of those. not reflex sights but just as fast.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Have a Mepro m21, but prefer the red dots. Aimpoint PRO is top notch. Primary Arms is pretty good.

Add a flip mount magnifier (1-4x) and you are in good shape for close quarters or 100 or so yards.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    I will keep looking but for now I will just stick with the truglo for now. after 90 rounds yesterday it kept zero. Although the plastic dust covers showed signs of fracturing from concussion.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I for the life of me can not remember the name but it was a battery operated red dot scope no magnification. I think it was this
    Sad thing is I was allowed to keep it after I got out but ended up selling it when I got out because I never thought I was going to buy an ar15

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/97...1x-2-moa-dot-with-picatinny-style-mount-matte

I ran a Comp M4 (without the spacer) on a Ruger 10/22. It's a cottontails worst nightmare. It's worth the money and keeps the value.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    I ran a Comp M4 (without the spacer) on a Ruger 10/22. It's a cottontails worst nightmare. It's worth the money and keeps the value.

Its hard to remember but I think that was it Terrible memory now. It was an amazingly accurate rds in combat when I was in iraq. I just can not afford that right now.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Is there anyway to get something to raise it up a bit.

You can get risers that are designed to mount a RDS. Yankee Hill makes them and I'm sure you can find other manufacturers. Keep in mind that they come in different heights depending on if you want 1/3 co-witness or full co-witness.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Its hard to remember but I think that was it Terrible memory now. It was an amazingly accurate rds in combat when I was in iraq. I just can not afford that right now.

I feel you. The one I had was stolen. $$$

It's what you carried. Or a newer model that has the battery on the side, not the top. The pawns around here usually have a couple. Issued and beat to hell. It's more silver then black. Sand scratches on the lenses. Sometimes they have the beehive light shade. Gerber plier marks on the base knob...

Stuff that's seen combat. Average price is around $500-$600+. So If you took a brand new Comp M4. Threw it out the window on the highway. Turned around and ran over it. It's still worth in the $500+ range.

It definitely a tax return time item.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Truglo is 100% fine to use. Watch the zero and don't knock it around. It'll do what you need to do with it. I've owned two. Both were on 22's. Buffer bounce back recoil compared to a heavy 10/22 bolt slamming the receiver.

It'll work. You need an AR stock with a cheek rest. I can't remember what it's called. You can buy the cheek rest that'll fit the factory stock.

As long as the sight's not super high. You won't really notice on quick shots. You're paying more attention to the dot verse proper cheek meld to the stock.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom