• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Truglo is 100% fine to use. Watch the zero and don't knock it around. It'll do what you need to do with it. I've owned two. Both were on 22's. Buffer bunch back recoil compared to a heavy 10/22 bolt slamming the receiver.

It'll work. You need the AR stock with a cheek rest.
    Its what I could afford because I killed my spending cash buying the new ar. Between buying everything the wife and I need for the baby and the rifle I could not right now buy a high end optic. I plan on replacing the stock eventually as well as the pistol grip and so many other things. Little bit month to month.
    DK Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Its what I could afford because I killed my spending cash buying the new ar. Between buying everything the wife and I need for the baby and the rifle I could not right now buy a high end optic. I plan on replacing the stock eventually as well as the pistol grip and so many other things. Little bit month to month.

You got the rifle, that's the first step. (Good choice by the way). It doesn't even need sights within 15 yards(or farther). Try it one day. Pull the sight off and aim it like a shotgun. You can still chew a man size target up.

Sight go's titties up all the time.....Train without it.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    You got the rifle, that's the first step. (Good choice by the way). It doesn't even need sights within 15 yards(or farther). Try it one day. Pull the sight off and aim it like a shotgun. You can still chew a man size target up.

Sight go's titties up all the time.....Train without it.

I want to find a set of flip up sights for it eventually but I have never fired an ar without any sites. I'll try that next time I go to the range which should be this weekend. Want to fire the 100 yard centerfire comp with my 308 and fire about 100 rounds in the ar.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I want to find a set of flip up sights for it eventually but I have never fired an ar without any sites. I'll try that next time I go to the range which should be this weekend. Want to fire the 100 yard centerfire comp with my 308 and fire about 100 rounds in the ar.

Once you get the bug of instinctive aiming with a rifle.

Get yourself a Diasy BB gun. Pull the sights off. Practice shooting golf balls. After a while you'll be able to do two things. Swing a shotgun like a Picasso paint brush and the ability to peg beer cans with an AR without sights.

I read the BB gun training trick as a kid. It was used to train for shooting a shotgun. I wore out a BB gun. Wouldn't hold pressure anymore.

Integrated with an AR.....The original back up sights are your eyes. It's also the quickest aiming method. No sight can compare to the human eye.

You're a gamer. Your hand to eye coordination is up to par. It'll come naturally to you.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Wanted to add this.

If the battery on the red dot go's out. Meaning the red dot no longer works. The circle of the sight is accurate within a certain amount of yards. It's similar to a huge peep sight.

Target in the center, pull La' trigger.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Three hours ago! Was out tonight with the favorite bitch, the suppressed SIG516 and the Aimpoint T-1 optic.

I smoked my last 1/2 pig for a friend's party at the SATX Fiesta King William's Fair three days ago.

I need meat. Pigs, as targets, were uncooperative tonight.

On-topic......The Aimpoint T-1 red dot is stupid-expensive but will outlast me I'm pretty sure.
    Heck, the $2 battery may outlast us all.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Three hours ago! Was out tonight with the favorite bitch, the suppressed SIG516 and the Aimpoint T-1 optic.

I smoked my last 1/2 pig for a friend's party at the SATX Fiesta King William's Fair three days ago.

I need meat. Pigs, as targets, were uncooperative tonight.

On-topic......The Aimpoint T-1 red dot is stupid-expensive but will outlast me I'm pretty sure.
    Heck, the $2 battery may outlast us all.

Ummm don't get me wrong but I am confused about the pic and statement.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ummm don't get me wrong but I am confused about the pic and statement.

Why confused?
    Out of pig.
    Out for pig.
    Out with bitch. (Skyy the XX pit bull)
    SIG rifle with T-1.

No pigs.
    Nice Oskar Blues IPA by the flowing Cibolo.
    Owls hooting. Coyotes howling.

Back on thread topic: I like my T-1.
    $700 is, quite admittedly, expensive.

Sorry for the superfluous poetry, though it's a "Life is good" evening.

Last edited:

Hone

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Can't go wrong with an Aimpoint, H-1 if you dont need NV compatible and dont plan on taking it Scuba Diving. T-1if it needs to work with NV or you want bragging rights. I like my H-1. Also like my Trijicon RMR on an M&P I have, it would be very nice on a rifle as well and you can get a 1 moa dot on them. Both brands are fully worth the money you pay for them.

Hone

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Oh, also as others mentioned, Primary Arms has a very good ratio of cost to quality. Have used there equivalent to an Aimpoint Pro and it is well made. Have it on my dad's AR and he loves it.

If you end up leaning towards Aimpoint or Trijicon, buy through Larue Tactical. Their mounts are the best IMHO and for the money you would spend at a dealer or at amazon you can get the optic and their mount for the same price normally.

Top Bottom