• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GRAYWOLF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Best answer I can provide is that the meeting is scheduled to start @1900...They are usually a little slow to start (this is the booster club made up of the parents). I do not know the agenda to know if that is the only business or first business or what.

Personally, I would expect the drawing to be first business (after all tickets collected), but to not happen before 1915.
    Guns International

GRAYWOLF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    I just talked to the Pres and he is estimating a total of 400-500 tickets sold. Great news for those that bought tickets...improves the odds to somewhere around 1:80-1:100.

The meeting is being held at a local BBQ joint, so he is going to try to grab a customer that walks in the door and offer to buy their dinner if they will draw the tickets...that way the drawing is not done by anyone affiliated with the group.

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but, for those of you that are local, our FFL is Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville.

GRAYWOLF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    yes a great cause and no one walked away empty handed.

Enough money was raised to cover all obligations related to the raffle (this includes funding an endowment account in exchange for donated guns). The endowment account will fund team activities for years to come.

Thank you, everyone, for all your support.

M1Garand

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    ...Damn, if only I had come here earlier; I would've gladly bought a ticket. Sorry. Hopefully you raised a good amount of money! We need more HSs to include shooting sports.

GRAYWOLF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    I'll still sell you one!!!!:p

Youth Target Foundation is the organization responsible for bringing it back. Right now it is just clay targets/shotguns. We are working to include pistol here locally. It looks like it is going to have to be done as a club outside of a school affiliation (for now).

SCTP is the national organization for clay target and their Siamese sister SPP is the pistol organization.

This is only the second season of YTF and HS Shooting teams. It is growing exponentially...really faster than YTF can manage (with regard to practice facilities). We have schools clamoring to form their own teams but are having to hold them off until we can find/build facilities to accommodate everyone. It is really great to see and be a part of it at this stage.

Top Bottom