• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The range I go to is mostly handloaders...it's rare to find anything larger than 22lr on the deck. Most shooters don't let their brass hit the ground; it comes from the plastic box into the chamber and right back to the plastic box.

That's why I have brass catchers for my semi auto's and a slow hand on the bolt.

Be well.
    Hurley's Gold

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Besides reloading is there anything else you can do with that brass ? Hope dont mind me asking since even I just throw away all the brass at the range and yes I saw a few guys picking up others brass (thought it was cheap to do so).

Ag0914

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    CS
    Suppose you could collect your brass and sell it if you don't plan on reloading yourself. Never tried it myself, just collect for when I can afford to reload.

Langenator

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    College Station
    It takes quite a bit of brass to be worth a decent amount of $$. Fired, uncleaned pistol brass you're probably talking at least 500-1000 pieces. Call at it .30 cal ammo can worth.

Now, .50 BMG or some such...you might get $.25-.50 per piece. But most guys who shoot those kinds of guns already collect their own brass.

hink

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    Amarillo
    Rifle brass can be worth some money, depending on caliber. 223 is so cheap to buy now it's hard to sell 223 brass. But brass for everything 30 caliber or larger is always worth something.

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    I was shooting my garand at Elm Fork yesterday. Every time I would go to inspect my target the RO would go to my bay first and sweep up the brass before I could get back. I still managed to get away with some of my brass. He helped me out with a couple of problems the rifle was having, so I am not harboring any ill will.

Miloe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    DFW
    Heck, working at a range, I wish more people reloaded...
    The more you pick up, the less I have to sweep up, lol.

Its surprising the amount of brass left at the end of the day though.

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    I always ask if I can snag someones brass.

At the USPSA club in CA I used to shoot at, we would wait till the end of the practice, and everyone was gone to scrounge brass. We would also get there an hour early to set up the stages, and break it down at the end, so I feel we deserved it.

What always pissed me off were the people who wouldnt help tape, and either stand around and BS, or scrounge brass while everyone else was setting the stage again.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom