• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Cell phone pics aren't that great, but this gives you an idea. They're close in overall dimensions, but the Shield is noticeably thinner. The width across the safety levers on the SR9c makes it appear wider laying on the counter, as the actual frame/slide width is only about a quarter inch bigger.

IMG_0885.jpg IMG_0886.jpg IMG_0891.jpg IMG_0889.jpg IMG_0882.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I actually prefer my wife's SR9c to my shield for general shooting but the SR seems to be a lot heavier and feels bigger when carrying. The shield is a much more comfortable carry piece IMO.

Been kicking around the idea of a full size M&P someday. But it's on a long list with lots of competition.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The Shield and the SR9c. I'm trying to decide b/t the two.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

That will depend a lot on the use, how you plan to carry, and how much weight your comfortable with, as well as which fits you better and is more comfortable for you to shoot.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I have been considering the compact m&p since it would be another carry option. But the shield fits nicely into my pocket and I don't even know its there in my waistband.And I just put the extra 8rnd mag in a pocket so I still have 16 Rounds on me.

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    old eyes here.....I've tried a couple of things - I didn't like the sights on my Browning HiPower so I had a TFO front installed - wasn't worth the cost - then covered the rear white dots with black electrician's tape (temporary) - was better, will paint black

bought my Wife a Glock 34 and had TruGlo TFOs installed the same day - again, wasn't worth the cost (I actually like the stock Glock sights)

I have thought about Big Dot and might try on one of my pistols

oh and I really like our Glocks - so simple, so accurate, so easy to clean

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    My FIL just bought MIL a shield, I had it done up , she's a 20+ yr cancer survivor

sent from my phone far far away, still monitored by NSA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387898598606.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1387898598606.jpg
      74.3 KB · Views: 126
    • uploadfromtaptalk1387898615069.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1387898615069.jpg
      70.5 KB · Views: 110

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Here are a few pics of mine side by side.
    8udatyne.jpg
    mejuja6e.jpg
    anedy2uj.jpg
    8ymasy5e.jpg

Main reason I was giving up on my SR9c is simply the fact that I don't have the extra cash right now for another M&P. I know pretty stupid, I'm going to take the for sale ad down and just keep it.It really is to nice to let it go.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Some more pics, the HIVIZ front sight just showed up so I rushed out to the garage to install it. Took a decent amount of sanding before it was ready to be tapped in.

etu5aqu7.jpg
    3ubege3e.jpg
    aja8yduh.jpg

Its dark in the house but you get the idea.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Thanks!
    I love it over the stock front sight. Now just have to decide, to black out the rears or not.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Thanks!
    I love it over the stock front sight. Now just have to decide, to black out the rears or not.

I experimented with multiple color configurations. Green front and red rear, red front and green rear and with white rear as yours is setup.

We are all different on what grabs our eye best or what we perceive as best. Good thing about blacking out the rear, if you need to take a precise shot you still can, just line the tops of the sights up.

I liked the idea of red front/green rear but in practice i found myself slower because i was lining up the dots when i really didnt need to.

Sights are probably the most interesting parts of guns to me because its where we interact with the gun but without touching it.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Very true, that's why I like to chat with people such as yourself with more experience and insight to better help me make a decision.I'm happy as it is now even with the white rears its almost like there not there and I just focus on the front.

Going to hit the range again here in FL with my old man one more time before I move. This weekend or next.I want to cover the rear dots with electric tape and see how it looks and make my final decision.

Thanks again for the helpful info.

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    I would like a set of XS Big Dots on my SR. It is the only firearm I have so far. I really want an edge if there is a real world situation and I need to quickly acquire a target.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom