• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Here's the deal, you tell someone they are approved. (06 Dodge Charger SRT8), You bring us in to sign all the paperwork and congratulate us. Tell us you are going to service and Detail the car and we can pick it up in a few days, we leave super excited papers in hand.
    Now, you say the bank actually didn't approve it because of the mileage.
    Pretty stinking disappointed.......

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Wait .. what?

First ... what dealer puts a dirty car on the lot?
    Come back in a few days should raise a flag.
    Every tech and salesman will have taken a joyride and brought it back all lathered up and tongue hanging out.

Second ... "papers in hand" ... a contract?
    It's binding once all the papers are signed.

On the surface, it appears you got the better end of this deal by walking away.
    Something doesn't smell right.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Here's the deal, you tell someone they are approved. (06 Dodge Charger SRT8), You bring us in to sign all the paperwork and congratulate us. Tell us you are going to service and Detail the car and we can pick it up in a few days, we leave super excited papers in hand.
    Now, you say the bank actually didn't approve it because of the mileage.
    Pretty stinking disappointed.......

Does your paperwork give them an out for them making a conditional approval? Some do.

But, I am with Mitch....financing an 8 year old car with mileage so high the bank balks at financing is probably a BAD financial decision.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I'm not sure about the conditional approval to be honest. The price is 7000 less than what they are advertising on their site, and a thousand dollars less than KBB, I almost feel like they are trying to get out if a mistake on their side. I just don't understand how they
    Could let us leave with signed papers, and than say we are not approved after all. I really believe the car is worth the contract price, but I think I'm letting emotions interfere also.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    The bank doesn't make mistakes like that. Ever.. The dealership dropped the ball somewhere in this transaction, and were screwing themselves

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    No free lunch. If the deal is $7,000 less than advertised, and $1,000 less than KBB, I'd smell a skunk.

Something just ain't right there.

Car dealers, new or used, hate it when you walk off the lot and say "let me sleep on it."

Don't go back to that scum-sucking dealer!

Last edited:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Does your paperwork give them an out for them making a conditional approval? Some do.

But, I am with Mitch....financing an 8 year old car with mileage so high the bank balks at financing is probably a BAD financial decision.

Also, Chargers are terrible cars. I work on several for a local PD. Every time the temperature swings, coolant leaks galore. IMO you dodged a bullet (no pun intended).

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Also, Chargers are terrible cars. I work on several for a local PD. Every time the temperature swings, coolant leaks galore. IMO you dodged a bullet (no pun intended).
    I've got an '07 SRT8, no leaks here.

Funny you mention temperature though, when the temp drops the car REALLY wakes up. The factory tune pulls a LOT of ignition timing pretty much whenever the motor is at operating temp lol.

Top Bottom