Rant: NYE 2013 Who's NOT drinking tonight?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
Oct 16, 2012
Indianapolis
Not saying I never have a beer or a margarita at a restaurant, but I basically don't drink. Probably around 12 drinks a year maybe?

So I'm not drinking tonight.

Who else?

Charlie

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 19, 2008
Kerr County
Three beers, maybe four. Quiet evening at home reading the "Assignation of Patton". Probably won't make midnight.

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
Not me.

Never cared for beer, like whiskey a little too much so I pretty much leave it alone these days.

I'm also on call, but highly doubt I would drink even if I wasn't.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
Feb 15, 2013
Dallas (Oak Cliff)
A few years ago, a friend of mine was celebrating his graduation from college. He lived right around the corner from me, so I walked over to his house....well....once people started showing up, I broke out the Jager and started taking shots with each person that showed up....i had 11 shots in just over an hour and on an empty stomach. That night, for the first time ever, I actually don't remember part of the night. Then, once again, for the first time ever, I had a hangover the next day. It lasted all day. Haven't gotten drunk since then. I have had a drink about 2 or 3 times, but nothing that would bring me above the legal driving limit. Also, I can't stand beer...i was a liquor guy...and even then, I hated the taste, just did it for the feeling. So I won't be drinking tonight.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
Jul 11, 2009
East Houston
I have 32+ years of sobriety. Trust me......I'm NOT drinking anything with alcohol, tonight! I don't leave the house on New Years eve.

Happy sober New Year!

Flash

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
Oct 16, 2012
Indianapolis
Wow, surprised there are so many of y'all here. Nice to see. I don't go around lecturing people about drinking. Some can handle it I guess. I never blacked out or drove drunk but I wasted a lot of time and money on alcohol.

I suppose I didn't like the "pull" or "gravity" it had on me, like if I bought a 12 pack of beer, I had to drink them all. I couldn't have one or two a night.

A bottle of whiskey? Why open the bottle and not drink it all?

Glad I stopped doing that and I've got to say I'm much happier without.

no2gates

Supereme IT Overlord
TGT Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
Grand Prairie, TX
I have maybe at most 3 drinks a year. It just doesn't do anything for me.
Not having anything to drink tonight. Staying home and watching the ball drop.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
TGT Supporter
Jan 19, 2010
Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
Teetotaler here. Religious and other reasons including an alcoholic in the family past.

Top Bottom