• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The past few years have brought violence and death all around me. I'm having a rough time with it.

Keith, a guy who, with his Dad, set up at the gun shows and we haggled over guns continuously. He went to his Grannies house and left his carry gun at home because it was familiar turf. That cost him his life. Two A Holes beat him to death for his wristwatch.

Blake was the grandson of good friend Gloria from whom we got our Mighty Dog, Jake. Blake and I ran around a few times. He was laid off and went over to a home in Highlands to do a welding job. Some drunks came by and Blake helped the homeowner to run them off. They returned, later and one of them stabbed Blake to death. I traded a pistol to Gloria and she gave it to Blake. He didn't have it with him, and he lost his life. The killer is in prison.

The neighbor who lives in a house behind me had two inebriated men come over for a while. They went around our neighborhood checking for open doors or unoccupied houses. They came to my door and Jake went nuts. They took off and returned to the neighbor's house. The Deputy arrived, a fight started and my next door neighbor went to help the Cop. A weapon was fired and one guy took off to the edge of the nearby highway where he tried to flag down a passing car. He collapsed and died right there.

This week, two neighbors just down the road in Beach City were shot to death. The man and woman (72 YO) were shot once in the head while asleep in their bed! Their 14 yo grandson who lived with them, apparently murdered them both. The kid attended school in the district where I taught for 13 years and their house is about a mile down the road. Bonnie and I remember them from the local Senior Center. I spent the evening either in tears or mad as Hell.

Tonight, I watched the Trump/Clinton debate where our Second Amendment was discussed. What the Hell is that woman thinking?

As I type this, I'm wearing a shoulder holster with a Glock 22. I just don't feel safe without it. Perhaps tomorrow will be better, but tonight, it feels like death and violence are once again, all around me!

Flash
    Hurley's Gold

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Moral decay of society thus why the spouse and I obtained our LTCs a year ago. While no guarantee, we always carry even if it's the 1 mile trip across my very small and conservative town. Maybe I sound like an old fart but I don't recall this level of disregard of human life 10+ years ago. Reading some actual news I see where repeat offenders who just get a slap across their hands for felonies just continue escalating their level of felony activities.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The 14 year old Grandson lived with the older (both 72 years old) retired couple. He took a .45 pistol and shot each in the back of the head as they slept, then he lived there for several days with the bodies in the house. The murders probably occurred on Sunday.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/two-found-shot-to-death-in-beach-city

Our district Truant Officer investigated the kid's absence from school, and through a series of events, the murders were discovered.

I could drive out of my driveway and be at their home in 3-4 minutes.

This is a real shock as this area was so peaceful. My neighbors across the street still don't lock their doors!

There's more but you grasp the idea, here. Friends Ronnie and Linda were awakened by an intruder. Ronnie fought the guy while Linda beat the guy with the handle of an antique farm implement. The intruder stabbed Ronnie 11 times. Ronnie healed and the intruder is in prison.

Keep your guard UP!

Flash

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Outside a combat zone, I've experienced the current atmosphere in this country before.
    In third world countries, like in South America.
    The reason it's here and now is no damned wonder ...

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    The 14 year old Grandson lived with the older (both 72 years old) retired couple. He took a .45 pistol and shot each in the back of the head as they slept, then he lived there for several days with the bodies in the house. The murders probably occurred on Sunday.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/two-found-shot-to-death-in-beach-city

Our district Truant Officer investigated the kid's absence from school, and through a series of events, the murders were discovered.

I could drive out of my driveway and be at their home in 3-4 minutes.

This is a real shock as this area was so peaceful. My neighbors across the street still don't lock their doors!

There's more but you grasp the idea, here. Friends Ronnie and Linda were awakened by an intruder. Ronnie fought the guy while Linda beat the guy with the handle of an antique farm implement. The intruder stabbed Ronnie 11 times. Ronnie healed and the intruder is in prison.

Keep your guard UP!

Flash

Get a BIG dog to chew on their asses! Hell get two or more!

1360247346.jpg

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Outside a combat zone, I've experienced the current atmosphere in this country before.
    In third world countries, like in South America.
    The reason it's here and now is no damned wonder ...

Even so, what kid of Pinhead Liberal would see domestic terrorism, World terrorism, crime and brutality and still suggest disarming our people?

Liberals look at this double murder and say that if a gun had NOT been in the house to begin with, the murders would never have occurred. WTH! The kid had access to hammers, machetes, kitchen knives, baseball bats and a dozen other tools. If he was determined to kill, he didn't need a gun.

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston

That's a good plan! I have a pistol by my bed and Jake sleeps on a pad on the floor right by me. He's too small (9.8 pounds) to effectively attack an intruder, but the little guy would wake me even if I failed to hear someone coming into my bedroom. Jake seldom barks, but when he does, I'd need to scrape him off of the ceiling!

Then.....I'm the bad dog around this house..... snicker.

Flash

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

That's a good plan! I have a pistol by my bed and Jake sleeps on a pad on the floor right by me. He's too small (9.8 pounds) to effectively attack an intruder, but the little guy would wake me even if I failed to hear someone coming into my bedroom. Jake seldom barks, but when he does, I'd need to scrape him off of the ceiling!

Then.....I'm the bad dog around this house..... snicker.

Flash

Little dogs are awesome alarm systems and some have a serious keen for it. Our Cane Corso will eat the assholes out of whomever breaches our home uninvited. I've been wanting a second bigger guy (150lbs plus) to take on a bigger role as a trained protection dog.

A big ass dog can and will make most reconsider easier targets. Unfortunately, your naive neighbors might be the next victims. Be careful Flash!

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Jake is always at my side. If he hears something outside that he's unsure about, he gives the most polite "woof" or a growl. If he gives full alert, the little guy would wake the dead!

Flash

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Violent crimes are way down from 70's and 80's. They get more publicity now.

Apparently not in Flash's immediate area. I doubt those stats give him any comfort. I still recommend that he gets a BFD (Big efffin Dog!) to chew any ass that comes near his domicile. Without a doubt that extra layer of security does wonders for your rest and relaxation.

TO Flash: If you want any recs on breeders or any info on the Cane Corso breed just PM me.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I got another dog and it was a disaster! The whole point was to give Jake someone to play with. Jake is extremely possessive. He looks after me, protects the home, and is a supreme guard dog! This is HIS kingdom!

The newcomer saw this as a gravy train and decided to de-throne Jake. He hurt Jake pretty badly and he had to go back to the woman who raised him.

Nope, Jake and I are buddies til death do us part.

Flash

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I got another dog and it was a disaster! The whole point was to give Jake someone to play with. Jake is extremely possessive. He looks after me, protects the home, and is a supreme guard dog! This is HIS kingdom!

The newcomer saw this as a gravy train and decided to de-throne Jake. He hurt Jake pretty badly and he had to go back to the woman who raised him.

Nope, Jake and I are buddies til death do us part.

Flash

I fully respect that.
    Sorry to playmate didn't work out, but glad Jake is still top dog.

Top Bottom