• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I got another dog and it was a disaster! The whole point was to give Jake someone to play with. Jake is extremely possessive. He looks after me, protects the home, and is a supreme guard dog! This is HIS kingdom!

The newcomer saw this as a gravy train and decided to de-throne Jake. He hurt Jake pretty badly and he had to go back to the woman who raised him.

Nope, Jake and I are buddies til death do us part.

Flash

Sorry to hear about that problem but I feel that you went about it the wrong way. The best way to introduce a new dog into your home is to purchase a puppy and train him from there. That way the two of them can work out their positions in the pack as he grows. Most times the little dog wins and the big dog is lower down in the pack. Our Corso is a bruiser but our newest Lab runs the show. The Corso could literally rip this Lab apart but he ALWAYS submits because I trained him that way. They are now inseparable and best of friends. They do everything together and constantly run around playing rough house with the Lab always winning.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Mike was 7 months old when we got him. I really loved him but the two kids were never going to get along. Jake was hurt so badly that we had to take him to the vet. It was pretty clear that he felt betrayed. Mike was such a neat dog but he made me choose between them and that was never going to go his way.

We returned Mike, but it still took Jake several weeks to become close like we were before. Now, we're close as ever. I'll never betray the little guy again and this is a one dog home from now on.

I was pretty dog dumb when I got Jake. There was a difficult learning curve before we figured things out. He would sacrifice his life for me and I actually ran in front of a moving car to protect him!

Flash

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Charlie......I don't even live in a town! There are 26 homes plopped down on a dead end street in what used to be a rice field. We are kind of "between towns."

Flash

Top Bottom