• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I was reading some stuff on building FPV quads and the Vortex that is coming out and man...people just seemed to be at each other over some dumbshit. It's been a few weeks since I visited there because of that.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I should have wrecked / lost (in the water) the Apprentice several times this weekend. Not sure if it was dump luck or my flying is becoming intuitive.

With Tasha and her boy Friday I said how I like to fly right at my head and did it. Last second full throttle and nose up while I spun 180 to see where it was going. TREE! HARD right . problem is just beyond that and up the hill is a taller TREE! HARD left! That would have been embarrassing. lol

The water rudder is still giving me fits so at low float speeds I switch to full control mode which yields greater movement. On the next take off I forgot but got in the air smoothly. Soon after and with less than 50' elevation, it (ok, I) started a R turn with nose down. Love that panic switch :)

I mentioned a few weeks ago getting permission to fly off of a prison pond but that's @ 18 miles away. Kinda nice just going a couple hundred yards to do it.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I was reading some stuff on building FPV quads and the Vortex that is coming out and man...people just seemed to be at each other over some dumbshit. It's been a few weeks since I visited there because of that.

Maybe cuz it's the latest, greatest and people need to feel superior? IDK

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Oh yeah, loops & rolls while still cool are very slow with the floats in place. But it was kinda cool to see boats stop and watch. :shades:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    We gotta get some kind of meet going when things settle down here.

I've been thinking how cool it would be to chase the plane on takeoff. Flying in front would be even cooler but I'm not sure the I/we have the skills for that.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    We gotta get some kind of meet going when things settle down here.

I've been thinking how cool it would be to chase the plane on takeoff. Flying in front would be even cooler but I'm not sure the I/we have the skills for that.

FARK you! Your bitch ass wants everyone to drive to your back door at Lake Whitless or wuteva it's called.

I don't even really think about guns anymore, you bassturd.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I just took off with the quad and no sooner did a fox appear (1st time I've seen one in months) so I landed in the road. I bumped the throttle occasionally and he nosed right up to it and give a sniff. He lost interest and took off and so did I, straight into a tree 25' up. :laughing:

I love painters poles, 1x2s, and tie wire.

TheRedGoat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    canton
    I just took off with the quad and no sooner did a fox appear (1st time I've seen one in months) so I landed in the road. I bumped the throttle occasionally and he nosed right up to it and give a sniff. He lost interest and took off and so did I, straight into a tree 25' up. :laughing:

I love painters poles, 1x2s, and tie wire.

Don't forget ... bamboo! I have a 30 footer now drying in the sun in case I lose another quad to a tree.

I finally got a chance to fly the Syma with FPV over wifi to my phone. It's gimmicky, but, it does work surprisingly well.

The only problem is the phone clips to the controller, so you can either watch your quad (no stability in even a light breeze) or you can watch your phone for the camera's view.

That gets disorienting pretty quick.

I had one of thos 'moments' when my brain said, "Don't go too high, you don't want to lose your phone..." (again, it's clipped to the controller).

The juxtaposition of the camera, the quad and the phone was kinda hard to use for real FPV but it was neat though. It allowed me to see which direction the camera was pointing and when it was dead-calm I could 'see' which way the quad was facing.

For the price (under 50 bucks) it is imho well worth the money for a casual shits-n-giggles toy.

This model is an improved model from my original Syma. It has a better connection for the battery, seems to have longer flight times and does not seem to randomly 'get screwy' during flight.

TRG

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I want to fly my planes.

Maybe I should just get a light kit for them, course if need to get kits for all the trees too.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    th?id=JN.xZdtCX3QILXNBHd3RFq4vA&pid=15.jpg

Top Bottom