• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Me, I have learned getting old isn't that great. It dawns on me every day when I go to work.

Still beats the alternative!

1638452606522.png

Reactions: gll

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Y'know when most people realize they are old?

When the start talking about how old they are!

Honestly, I don't think about it. Life's too short to worry about things you can't control.

Stay healthy, active and enjoy a good adventure as often as possible.

The first step in doing that is to get away from behind the keyboard...

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    If it wasn't for my back issues I wouldnt think I'm old. I still see myself as 30 something.

Then again I've been known to lie to myself. The voices are always telling me........right now they are saying shut up.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Last week during a haircut the lady went "oooh it's snowing" I have a lot of gray for my age.

And glad you're ok.

Yes gray hair is starting for me as well. It's all through out my beard. I won't freak out until I see them below my waist.

But on the bright side - it is far better to have your hair turning gray than turning LOOSE

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    It's been so long ago that I don't remember.

Wait, I got something... I was in the service in San Diego. There was a neighbor kid that joined the military and the night before he reported we had a party for him. I brought out a bottle of Cuervo and we chugged it... damn kid drank me under the table. And the next day hurt so bad I never drank straight tequila again.

That was 50yrs ago. It's been downhill skiing ever since. So many things I can't do and so many health problems. So much turmoil and crap going on in our country that sometimes I just can't wait for life to be over. Now THAT is old.

Can't drink (doctor's orders)
    Can't eat too much protein, nor fats, nor carbs (doctor's orders)
    Can't see
    Can't hear
    Can't work or even do yard or house work
    Can't think clearly or focus for long
    Can't phuck
    EVERYTHING hurts
    It's like being 95 at age 70

When I first noticed this happening was so long ago. Now a distant memory. Hardly matters. Life goes on, long after the thrill of livin is gone.

Take good care of yourselves,... you really don't want to be this decrepit and have your heart carry you on for another 20 miserable years!!!

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    My daughter rolled her 3whlr a number of years back. Compound fracture of the femur in several places. My son in law was a paramedic and even he thought they weren't going to get her out of the woods in time. Worked out ok tho.

Two of our hunting party thought it would be fun to jump the 4whlrs over a hill/rise/slope in the gravel pit near where we were hunting elk. One of them didn't make it to the top, so rolled back down and then gunned it back up.... turtled it right over backwards. He was flopping off the side but hung up in the handlebars. We thought he was dead, but he obly got knocked out. Hospital said he was ok but beat to shit. Elk camp is always interesting.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Quads are known to run you over in a crash. - I keep thinking of Artie Johnson in Laugh-In and his tricycle.
    My bro passed Aug. @ 80, I'm right behind him. Still recovering from getting the decorations out of the attic and cleaning up under the reloading bench.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Quads are known to run you over in a crash.
    Very hard to think about jumping to the high-side (away from the roll) when shit’s happening fast…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Not only is hard to think that fast its even harder to get off the on side that's going up. I've only ever been able to do it once and that's because it was a slow roll on the side of a hill. Most of the time it's ejecto seato in the direction of the roll.

Top Bottom