• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    The root is fear. Fear is the killer of all things. In another life, I was an adreneline junky. Anything to get it going. The more dangerous, the better. One thing I found, to fear the danger limited your responses to it increasing your chances of losing to it.
    Once upon a time, people went into LE with the knowledge, and more importantly the acceptance, that it was dangerous. They accepted the fact that each day they left home might be the last time. Too many no longer do. To most today, they think it should be like any other job and be safe. That they are not supposed to get hurt or killed. And it just don't work that way. It never has. It never will. When they are faced with a problem, fear and indecision drive them. Usually to extreme action when it is uncalled for. Fear and self preservation drive them instead of calm acceptance that a mistake could cost them dearly. Lack of that acceptance limits your responses severly.
    Fear clouds the mind. Keeps you from thinking clearly. You miss options that are usually there that could make a big difference in outcome.
    And that is a bad mind set for anyone in LE to have. It can cause consequences for both sides. Sometimes catastrophic ones.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Guns International

Top Bottom