Reason you haven't gotten your CHL?

If you would like to have a CHL, but haven't applied, why not?

• I have my CHL

Votes: 34 54.8%
  • Cost ($140 initial; $70 renewal)

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Required class time (10hr. initial; 4 hr. renewal)

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Too many areas where CHL's can't carry their guns

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Don't know how to go about getting one

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 10 16.1%

• Total voters

hoytinak

Mar 5, 2008
Texas of course
Don't get me wrong, nothing against yall police officers...but I don't think yall should be able to carry nation wide like that if we (CHL holders) can't. I actually think every law abiding citizen should be able to carry concealed without one anyways.

But you're right, if I was a police officer I'd carry nation wide too.

TexasT/A

Feb 29, 2008
Amarillo
Don't get me wrong, nothing against yall police officers...but I don't think yall should be able to carry nation wide like that if we (CHL holders) can't. I actually think every law abiding citizen should be able to carry concealed without one anyways.

I agree 100%. I also think we should be able to open carry in TX too. I don't know if I actually would, but it would be nice to have the option.

Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
Feb 29, 2008
Texas
I have mine.

One of the first in the state to do so.

And so, now will be my 3rd renewal.

It seems all I need to do is have the finger prints, photo.

The local range/CHL place says $50 for processing the paper work.

No class and no proficiency test. :cool:

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas

I don't think being a Police Officer has anything to do with it. I'm not saying I know the laws etc. but I don't think every state in the union would give a crap about an officer from another state when it comes to carrying. Required in your own jurisdiction or state maybe.

I'm curious how/if TXShooter carries legally nationwide, unless you have Federal License? But I think non-LEO's with Federal license are bound to not disclosing; I could be wrong. I'm going by what little I know form someone I know who is a Federal Air Marshal and Pilot.

Since you brought it up, I'd be interested in knowing. Multi-state CHL's and reciprocation are great, but it's complicated in so many states. Even some with open carry I believe require you to be a resident of that state, otherwise, leave home without it. :D

Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
Feb 29, 2008
Texas
Somehow I think a LEO, not from D.C. or Mass., would find himself in some difficulty in those places.

A LEO from Pa., on another forum, was arrested at LAX for carrying. Had to go to court to get exonerated.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts

Forum statistics