Capitol Armory ad

Recommend a decent low cost scope for a .22lr rifle.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I've always heard good things about those scopes. Do you happen to know who makes them for Cabelas?

No clue, but I like them. I have Nikon on my high-end rifles, but have a couple of PR's on some other stuff.

Lupey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    THE BLUFF
    Yep, really. I've seen the same said online, but haven't experienced it myself, nor have a couple other people I know with dovetail-mounted scopes on their 60's (one of whose rifle/scope is much older than mine). I will have to test the theory with another 60 of mine, when I get around to purchasing a scope for it.

Same here, my 60 is almost 30 yrs old and no prob with holding zero for the first 26+ years......... Now I will say just recently I changed scopes and I also put a utg dovetail to picatinny adapter on it...... but only because I have a variety of scopes for a couple of my rimfire rifles and just making sure each one fits each other with little or no muss or fuss........

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    nikon_6718_c.jpg

I highly recommend the Nikon Rimfire, I have 2 of them. They can be bought for around $110
    I agree with this. I've got a couple of these and have been extremely pleased with one mounted on a Marlin 60 and another mounted on a Sig 522 Target.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    Personally I like getting on fleabay and finding a Redfield 4x or weaver k4 steel tube for .22s. Usually $50 or so for a good looking American scope that still holds zero for the whopping punishment a .22 will deal and are clear enough for anything a .22 is capable of.

AKmik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2015
    Adaptors are nice and all but look very bulky and out of place on some dainty rimfire rifles. there is nothing wrong with the dovetails, not going to affect anything if your rings are properly installed, some cheap rings just won't hold so look for decent rings. On my marlins they have cheap millet rimfire rings and weaver classic scopes. Nikon is better, and leupold EFR is best from my experience.

Ebay is a great place as said above, always some decent old weavers on there.

njrefugee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2014
    For around $30, this is a great buy. I have one on a 22lr and it holds zero just fine. Clicks are 1/4 MOA. The clicks are not super-positive, but it tracks pretty well and once it is dialed in, you can put the caps on and it you're good to go.

[h=1]Simmons 8-Point Scope 4x32 Matte Black Rifle Scope 510514[/h]http://www.opticsplanet.com/simmons-blazer-4x32-rifle-scope-510514.html?_iv_code=SM-RS-510514-CLAM

vvllbs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    I picked up a 29.99 bushnell at Walmart and it even worked on some centerfire rifles I have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom