• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    1:7 is not going to prevent you from hitting vitals with a 55grainer...

And you're probably not going to be shooting at vitals with "cheap steel-cased Russian 55 gr range ammo" either. I get stellar results with Hornady 55gr VMAX from 1:7, and 1:9, barrels.
    Gun Zone Deals

balloo93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    I mentioned earlier that I do have two others in 1/9. I just want something a little different for a 20". I will more than likely run this one with a carry handle and stick with irons for awhile.

I'm curious to feel the recoil difference with a A1 stock and a rifle buffer. That and the rifle length gas is supposed to put out hardly any recoil at all. I'm a big dude and I can easily handle the carbine and mid length gas unsupported and moving.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    If you're a big dude, look into the A2 stock. Slightly longer, and much easier to find.

The longer gas system cycles more slowly than the carbine system, has little to do with the buffer. You can get a similar effect by getting a heavier buffer for your carbine. I put an H in mine (because I couldn't find an H3 and then found someone selling them at the gun show) and it really smoothed the gun out. It should reduce wear on reciprocating parts because it's slowing everything down, too.

balloo93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    I'm running 9mm buffers in my carbines.

I may run a heavier rifle buffer, and a FA carrier. With the added weight and 12" gas system the recoil should be next to nothing. I'll more than likely add a bipod on it and when my kiddos get a little older (6yrs and 7yrs old now) I will have them on the rifle first.

I usually have the stocks out 1click to around a 8" LOP. Even prone I have the nose to the charging handle. I figure I'll go A1 and if I need the length I can get a 1" spacer for it pretty easily. Whereas if I go with a A2 and don't like it I'm stuck with it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I run second position with the rubber plate taken off. If it's on, I'm at first position. My A2 stock is definitely feeling too long for my taste, and I'm thinking about putting a carbine stock on my A2 rifle.

Why not? Works.

Top Bottom