• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dinkydow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    N.E. Ohio
    The upcoming war film directed by Dan Bradley is based on the 1984 film of the same name, which starred Patrick Swayze as the leader of the "Wolverines. "The storyline is simple: A group of teenagers look to save their town from an invasion of foreign soldiers by taking refuge in the woods and going on the offensive. Actors Chris Hemsworth and Josh Peck will portray the brothers Jed and Matt Eckert, roles originally played by Patrick Swayze and Charlie Sheen. Unlike the 1984 film which pitted the teens against the Russians, the new band of "Wolverines" (the nickname the group calls themselves) will face of against Chinese invaders.

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2011/...n-remake-starring-chris-hemsworth-jeffrey-dea

Wolverines! - We need them now more than ever.
    Capitol Armory ad

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    It won't be. There's nothing good coming out of Hollyweird these days. The first one was okay but they'll lib up this one for sure.

I wish I could argue this point with you, but I too am skeptical. Loved the first movie. I didn't take my boys to see the new G.I. Joe movie when it came out. The main reason was the fact that G.I. Joe was "P.C.-ified" by making it an international organization. As a young lad, G.I. Joe was a "real American hero" for me, not a group of international soldiers.

Besides, I heard the movie sucked - so I'm glad I didn't pay to see it.

Let's hope Red Dawn has some closet patriots who wrote the script.

Orclin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Blasphemy, just plain old blasphemy.
    Red Dawn was perfect the first time.

I concur.
    Why not remake some of the "bad" old movies instead of the "good" ones. ie... Lets see a remake of The Keep, various Cthulhu movies, Wild Wild West, etc.

Scott

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    I just think it's funny that Hollywood is really incapable of creating anything new and entertaining. I think the general public wants quality stories without all the crap. Hollywood has spent too much time and money on special effects and shock scripts. Frankly, I think we're all too bored with the standard plot lines and potty talk.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    I wish I could argue this point with you, but I too am skeptical. Loved the first movie. I didn't take my boys to see the new G.I. Joe movie when it came out. The main reason was the fact that G.I. Joe was "P.C.-ified" by making it an international organization. As a young lad, G.I. Joe was a "real American hero" for me, not a group of international soldiers.

Besides, I heard the movie sucked - so I'm glad I didn't pay to see it.

Let's hope Red Dawn has some closet patriots who wrote the script.

Yes, and look what that idiot punk J. J. Abrams did to Star Trek. Did you see that last movie? Star Trek was good in the 60's when we had censors. Thank God we had them too! Rodenberry was a leftist pervert.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    http://www.reddawn2011.com/
    http://www.dailytribune.com/articles/2010/11/04/news/doc4cd372f1c54f1885618247.txt?viewmode=2
    New Cast

The movie stars Josh Peck, Chris Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, Adrianne Palicki and Connor Cruise, the 14-year-old son of Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman.
    rd_cast.jpg

Old Cast
    red-dawn-1984-cast-photo.jpg

codeman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    TX
    At least they tought the new cast some trigger control. (see photos above) If the movie does get released it would be nice if it had some realism in the firearm special effects. I'm tired of the unrealistic crap they put out these days. Just look at the movie "Wanted" from 2008 with Angelina Jolie. Talk about science fiction.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Yes, and look what that idiot punk J. J. Abrams did to Star Trek. Did you see that last movie? Star Trek was good in the 60's when we had censors. Thank God we had them too! Rodenberry was a leftist pervert.

that m'fer put RD2D2 in the damned thing!
    WTFTWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTF

dinkydow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    N.E. Ohio
    I cannot imagine hollywierd not goofing up a Red Dawn remake up with their usual PC crap. Since they are mostly all communists there, what interest would the hollykommies have in making a movie where chinese communism is derailed, in an invasion usa flick...by a bunch of patriotic American high school kids? ? ?

Obamastalin would never accept that. The kerrykommie would denounce it as a racist hate film and the Make Believe Media...would harpoon it. We can't be havin our kammrades in revolutionary communism be lookin bad now can we?

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I cannot imagine hollywierd not goofing up a Red Dawn remake up with their usual PC crap. Since they are mostly all communists there, what interest would the hollykommies have in making a movie where chinese communism is derailed, in an invasion usa flick...by a bunch of patriotic American high school kids? ? ?

Obamastalin would never accept that. The kerrykommie would denounce it as a racist hate film and the Make Believe Media...would harpoon it. We can't be havin our kammrades in revolutionary communism be lookin bad now can we?

this post would be hilarious if the new one kicked ass.

having said that. i fear the worst ;)

drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    I read some articles a while back that stated that this remake uses the exact same plot line and a similar script that was used on a Red Dawn-esque movie that was released in Australia last year. That movie was a hit (from what I heard) and 2 sequels have been given the green light. Although I'm sure if the American version is successful, it will be more entertaining for the younger crowd.

Here's the movie: Tomorrow, When the War Began (2010) - IMDb

dinkydow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    N.E. Ohio
    I just received from Amazon the first two books in that Australian series, the new movie was made from.

RED DAWN...the "remake" .. We shall see. BUT.. I do not expect much anti-communist anything to come out of kommiefornia.

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    I love the old movie - watched it a few nights ago with my wife. Although she fell asleep...I was wide-awake and loving every Commie-bashing scene! Heck, I grew up in Montana and we often thought this was going to happen to us...but from the CANADIANS!!!!

Top Bottom